Facebook Shopify Catalog Owned by Shopify Business Manager Account

2 0 2

I've connected the Shopify Facebook Integration in Facebook Business Manager. It shows that I now have a Catalog of products but I can't add it to my Business Manager account as it says the Shopify Business Manager account owns this. How can I change that so I can associate my Pixel and Ad Account with the Catalog?

2 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
231 0 22

Hi, Chris!

Anders from the Shopify Social Care team here. Thanks for reaching out today.

This is expected behavior when you connect a Shopify store to a Facebook account since you're granting admin permission to your own Shopify store to be able to sync products over to your Facebook business manager. Thankfully, this won't affect how you connect your Facebook pixel or ads account. So long as you're creating the pixel ID within the business manager account which is the admin of your Facebook business page (ie. personal Facebook account) then you will be able to create a pixel ID and install it on your Shopify store under 'Online Store > Preferences'. We also have a guide on this process here. Should you run into any troubles with this, let me know!

How are things going with your online store otherwise? Have you done much Facebook advertising in the past?

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Anders,

I have the same catalog created by Shopify in my FB page that I don't own, and I can't change the ownership and admin roles. My objective is to have my Shopify products correctly updated in my FB catalog.

If I create a new pixel, install it in my Shopify store (I already have an old pixel up and running well) and associate this new pixel with this Shopify owned catalog, will it work as a way to keep this FB catalog updated, with changes in old products and additions of new products?

Thanks,
Alex.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
231 0 22

Hello, Alex! Thanks for the question. 

To clarify, Shopify never 'owns' a product catalog. When you see this message, that's Facebook's way of telling you that your own Shopify store is the one controlling the contents of the catalog. It's merely a generic message from Facebook informing you that your products are being synced by your Shopify store.

The way the Facebook integration works is that your Shopify product information is being pushed to Facebook from your store. So, if you want to make any changes to the Facebook catalog, you will need to update your Shopify products first, and then that information will be synced (pushed) over to Facebook. 

When setting up a pixel to track your ad campaigns, it's best to only ever use one pixel per Shopify store to ensure that you are getting the most accurate data. If you have an older pixel running on another site with a different catalog, that's fine - just make sure that your Shopify store and it's catalog has a completely separate pixel. 

The quickest way to set up a pixel on your Shopify store is to grab the Pixel ID, once it's been created, from your Ads Manager, then head to your Shopify admin (Online Store > Preferences) and paste the ID in the appropriate section. You can also download the pixel helper extension to check and see if the pixel is firing properly.

If you have further questions on any of the above, let me know! 

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi Anders,

Thank you for your quick answer. I've been struggling to connect my Shopify store (celebrate-fine-jewelry) to FB for the last two weeks. Here is what I've done:

1- I have an FB pixel installed in my store since ever, and it is working very well

2- I created a new catalog in FB through the business settings

Unfortunately, I can't use the catalog created when I set the integration between Shopify and FB because, as it is not administered by my FB user, most of the settings for this catalog are unavailable (unless you know a workaround)

3- when I try to connect this new catalog (that now has 0 products) with the pixel that is installed in my Shopify store, FB returns a message that the pixel is not ready (please see image)

4- I have edited the metadata info (Open Graph) to be exactly what FB is looking for (between <head></head>) 

5- I tested the metadata with Facebook for Developers Debug tool

but, still, I can't make the integration start pushing my products from Shopify to FB, that is exactly what I want to do now.

Could you please help me? Thank you so much!

Best,

Alex.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 4

Hi, I have exactly the same problem and so does hundreds of people. Please let us know how to solve this. My pixel is NOT working due to missing catalog issues which are adressed in this forum. Please, Everything is ready to sell and this is frustrating as hell.

3 Likes
Tourist
4 0 4

This won't answer all the questions, but for associating the pixel to the shopify owned catalog, I was only able to do it by installing both the Facebook channel to sync the catalog AND the Facebook Marketing App. I don't use the marketing app because it is very limited, but linking it to my FB page allowed the pixel to be linked. Nothing else proposed in the forums seemed to work for me.

2 Likes
Tourist
7 0 2

@BigPapaSmurf wrote:

Hi, I have exactly the same problem and so does hundreds of people. Please let us know how to solve this. My pixel is NOT working due to missing catalog issues which are adressed in this forum. Please, Everything is ready to sell and this is frustrating as hell.

Hey guys, @BigPapaSmurf @Chris_McCreery 

I got the same problem and was struggling for hours.

Step 1:  What I did is creating a new campaign, choose conversion, sell from catalog.

Step 2: Next step choose below the Shopify catalog with your products and go to the next page, now Facebook is asking you to connect this catalog to a Facebook pixel. Choose your pixel and Facebook connected it with the Shopify catalog :)

PayPal tips are welcome if i helped you out! (info@wristtrends.com)

Cheers!

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

My pixel is not working correctly because my catalog imported under my personal FB account instead of my business account and Shopify is the admin. I can't associate my catalog with my pixel or add it to my business in Facebook business manager.  I have had had several chats and phone calls with Shopify support and there has been no resolution. I have even hired a coder and he can't solve the problem either. It sounds like A LOT of people are having this problem. I'm about to close my Shopify store and use Wordpress. I am over all of the problems and lack of support with Shopify. 

1 Like

Note the catalog and Pixel IDs. In Business Manager, you can request access to these assets by pasting the IDs in there.

An alternative is to just setup new ones under your Business Manager account. This is no dramas if your pixel doesn't have months or years of valuable data.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes