Facebook Shopify Catalog Owned by Shopify Business Manager Account

Tourist
8 0 1

Hi there.

I have a catalogue and it says Shopify business manager owns it. I have not got access to a shopify facebook business manager, only my own facebook page business manager. Facebook is telling me to do the below but how do I get access to the Shopify facebook business manager:

Request access to a catalogue if your business needs to use it on behalf of another business. For example, you work for an agency and the catalogue belongs to a client. The catalogue will still belong to its current owner.
To request access to a catalogue:
  1. Contact the owner of the catalogue.
  2. Ask them to go to the "Catalogues" tab in their Business Manager and click "Assign Partner".
  3. Ask the owner to enter the number below (your business ID) and choose a role for your business.

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Likes
1 0 0

Seriously, thank you so much. I have been struggling with this issue for weeks and your suggestion to install the Facebook Marketing app solved everything. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

how did you link it?

Was it an automatic link or did you still need to manually link?

Advice would be appreciate as its doing my head in...

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 4

I believe it was automatic when I installed it through my Shopify store apps. I think I just had to choose the FB page to connect to.

@basal wrote:

how did you link it?

Was it an automatic link or did you still need to manually link?

Advice would be appreciate as its doing my head in...

0 Likes
1 0 0

Anders,

Shopify is creating a product catalog under my personal account, but the pixel configured on shopify is from my business account.

0 Likes
2 0 0

i have the same problem but i solve it by installing FB marketing app, and now i have a catalog on FB with the same pixel of my business manager, the problem is this catalog has one photo for each product, I don't know how to add the remaining images are left for each product

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1
I was able to solve the problem by running a "catalog sales" ad under
conversions. An option popped up to link my catalog to my pixel. It was so
simple to fix, but no one at Shopify could help. I found help in the forum.
0 Likes
1 0 1

WE WENT THROUGH SIMILAR PROBLEMS, THIS WORKED FOR US, ADD FACEBOOK MARKETING APP TO YOUR SHOPIFY STORE AND READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW THE STEPS.

1 Like