Facebook Shopify Catalog Owned by Shopify Business Manager Account

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi Anders,
I have a similar problem.
I am running two Shopify stores, the problem occurs in both Business Manager accounts in Facebook.
I have created a Facebook Catalog from the Shopify Store, it is connected to the pixel - works OK I think.
So far, so good. 
When I did the catalog, I noticed, that it has imported the collections from my store as Product Sets, which is great for custom targeting.
BUT, not all of them...Some collections are missing and I cannot find a way to update the catalog, so that it contains all the current collections.
Shall be grateful if you comment on that to help me find a solution.
Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Were you able to find a solution for this? I'm having the same issue and getting frustrated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 3

I was able to solve the problem by running a "catalog sales" ad under
conversions. An option popped up to link my catalog to my pixel. It was so
simple to fix, but no one at Shopify could help. I found help in the forum.

This worked for me as well. After over an hour of trying to associate the catalog with the pixel. Just creating an add associated it somehow. Facebook how to articles were written incorrectly. Shopify articles not helpful. Glad the solution exists though.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hey, I'm still a little stuck on what to do to fix this error. So i'm supposed to create a campaign for "Catalog Sales", then when it prompts me to select a pixel to link it to, which pixel am I supposed to choose. The new one it wants me to make or the one I made for the ad account. Or am I supposed to not make a pixel to begin with and only make it on that stage, because I'm still getting the same error message. I really would appreciate any help I can get, i've been stuck on this problem for a while now.

Text me if you're willing to help: 678-373-7989

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 7
I would use the pixel associated with your ad account.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

HI Chris - I'm having the same problem. Extremely frustrating. Quick question, do you have the Facebook Ads app in Shopify or not? I'm wondering if i should disconnect that app first and then try this. I now have two pixels and I'm super confused about which one I should be linking everything to. Tried Flexify and that just added a third catalog and pixel and more confusion.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I've connected the Shopify Facebook Integration in Facebook Business Manager. It shows that I have a Catalog of products but I can't add it to my Business Manager account as it says the Shopify Business Manager account owns this. I can't delete that catalogue? So, How Can I Delete that?Screenshot (152).png

I want to delete this category. Please Help me!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
10 0 10

I am having this same problem?! Please Shopify help us!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi did you ever resolve this.  I am having the same problem.  Catalog imported uner personal FB account and cannot be moved.  Therefore I have two conflicting pixels.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
10 0 10

OK yall. This took me like 10 days of straight research. Good Luck

Add the facebook sales channel in shopify. it connects to your facebook page which is admined by your personal facebook account. It sets up a catalog under your personal ad account called "Products for YourShopName.myshopify.com". It sets the product data source as the shopify app. And the event source to a pixel bound to your personal facebooks account's ad account. And as of writing this, you can not access these in your facebook business manager. 

Make sure your facebook business account is set up, and there is also an ad account under that business account. So THEN. you want to  go into your shopify dashboard and add the app called Facebook Marketing. It is free and made by shopify to better connect to facebook catalogs. It will connect to your business facebook ad account (or you have to do it just use the correct ad account and catalog and pixel id #s every time, good luck geez) It will make ANOTHER catalog but this time under the control of your facebook business account. and i do believe it will create ANOTHER pixel (or you have to first and then connect it when you install the fb marketing app) , this time under your facebook business account.  This second catalog is called "Shopify Product catalog" Its product source is "Shopify Dynamic Facebook Ads Produc..." app  and its event source is the new pixel under your business account. You are almost there.

So then this 2nd PIXEL that is under your facebook business account is the one that you want to copy past the id for into the shopify dashboard > online shop > preferences > pixel id.

Ok you should golden. Do your product changes inside the shopify dashboard. shopify pushes product changes to facebook every 15 minutes and facebook registers the changes within 1-48 hours (amazing right?). Later if you set up Google, those product pushes are WAY more instantaneous. If you want to then get instagram product tagging which draws from your facebook store, make sure you have no "services" offered in your sites "products", nor any mention or links about it, nor any link to patreon. Or you most likely will be denied product tagging. But you can still run insta adds that have a shop now button. Thats another rabit hole.

I look forward to product tagging in video and VR, 2020s comin hard.

I know this is so confusing. I hope what I wrote helps you.

Please tip me I low on monies at the moment. https://paypal.me/laughingleather

I have investigated and concluded that the fault lies 90% plus with Facebook bloated slow bogged down nature. Shopify seams to be pretty baller honestly. etc etc. 

5 Likes