Facebook Shopify Catalog Owned by Shopify Business Manager Account

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello 

i have an issue i just connected my store to FB and Intagram but it looks like SHOPIFY OWNS the catalog on my Business Manager and it makes it impossible to admin for me.

I can't add me as an admin, i can't add it on my instagram account i'm basically not admin of my catalog and have no rights at all.

Do you have a solution ?

Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

I am having the exact same question here!

@Emrys wrote:

Hello 

i have an issue i just connected my store to FB and Intagram but it looks like SHOPIFY OWNS the catalog on my Business Manager and it makes it impossible to admin for me.

I can't add me as an admin, i can't add it on my instagram account i'm basically not admin of my catalog and have no rights at all.

Do you have a solution ?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
607 30 97

Hi, @Emrys & @meideyajewelry!

Ava here from Shopify.

Shoifyowning the product catalog is expected behaviour when the Facebook Shop channel is connected to any Shopify store. It's not ever possible (or necessary) to change the ownership of this catalog. On Facebook, the product catalog is named products for [shopdomain].myshopify.com. Any catalog owned by Shopify that's named something else was most likely created by an app.

Can I ask why you would like to change it, and what action you would like to take? If you would like to create Dynamic or Retargeting Ads with the catalog, you have a few options:

1. You can use the Facebook Marketing app to create dynamic retargeting ads directly within the Marketing section (this will create a product catalog that is owned by your Business Manager). There is a guide here that will walk you through setting up the Facebook Marketing app!
  2. You can use an app like Flexify to create a new product feed for Facebook (unsupported by Shopify): There is a Community Forums post here that will give you a step by step guide on setting up the Flexify app.

If you would like to use the catalog for product tagging on Instagram, this (the Shopify owned catalog) is the catalog you should be using. The catalog is automatically created with the name “Products for shopname.myshopify.com.", and this is the one you should choose when choosing a catalog for Instagram tagging. It's not necessary/possible to change the ownership of this catalog from Shopify to the merchant, you would just need to choose this catalog once Instagram is approved.

Do let me know what you think!

Ava

Social Care

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi @Ava ,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am trying to build up instagram shopping right now. Your reply helped me clearly know which catalogue i should connect with. Thank you!

But now I am having another problem. My products on shopify are not showing on my facebook shop at all. I saw people say that it usually takes 48 hours to get them synced, but it has been longer than 48 hours. Does it happen to other people too? What should I do with it?

Also, I don't see where I can connect my Instagram account to this catalogue. Do they connect automatically or I should do it manually?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
607 30 97

Hi, @meideyajewelry!

I'm glad my last post helped! Often, it can take up to 72 hours for new information to be pushed to Facebook after being made available. IT can depend on the store and the number of products being sent through. It can be difficult to give an exact timeline, as each store is different! A troubleshooting step you can take is toggling the products or collections to unavailable, and then available in Product Availability (Facebook checkbox). This can send new information to Facebook, it's a quick and simple task that can be done in bulk to push new information through. This will start a new 48 hour waiting period. Can I ask if the products have shown up yet since your last post? 

Let me know!

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi @Ava!

I'm having the same issue. Whenever I try to connect Instagram shopping via Shopify, it tells me that I'm not an admin on the catalog and cannot add Instagram shopping. I am prompted to request access from the Shopify business settings, but I wouldn't have access to those since I don't own Shopify.

My Instagram account is a business account but I don't even see the "shopping" option when I click the business settings in Instagram. 

I can see my catalog just fine on Facebook, but I have no luck with anything on IG. Any assistance here?

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 9.01.49 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
607 30 97

Hi, @Channing_B!

Apologies for the late response here. Could you verify you have admin permissions by:

• Viewing the page in question when logged in on Facebook
  • Going to "Settings"
  • Then "Page Roles"
  • And verifying the information here20-12-u2i6s-knu55

The screenshot must look exactly like the above. The Facebook Admin permissions need to be linked to the personal Facebook account. You can not be anything other than "Admin". It is also important to note that if the Facebook page was created less than 7 days ago, or Admin Access was granted to the user less than 7 days ago, you may need to reattempt the connection after allowing this timeframe. Facebook API has a delay of 2-7 days in allowing third parties to recognize the Admin status of the user.

Could you confirm the above and we can take things from there? Thanks!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Thank you for your helping,
I have the same problem here which can’t see the ( dynamic ads or instagram shopping in catalog ), and i’m already the admin of my page which connected to my personal account which have the same product catalog owned by shopify
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, I am having similar issues:

1.   Instagram catalog points to shopify, but does not show all the products from the 'shopping bag' icon.

2. Once I tag a product on an Instagram post, I cannot promote it.  The Error message is:   

"You must be an admin of the business that owns this catalog to connect an Instagram business profile to this catalog.

You need to request access from someone who manages this business. You can find their contact details in Shopify Business Settings."

What does that mean?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there, 

I have a related question, I'm trying to launch products on Facebook and Instagram, my Shopify product list currently looks like this:

Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 10.48.06 AM.png

Is the setup adequate, or will there be other steps to launch my products please?

Thank you. 

0 Likes