Facebook account disables/banned?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello. I created the faceboook page for my brand not too long ago and I have not ran a single ad or even posted and it is saying that my account is disabled? and that it is disable for violating a policy when I have done nothing on it? It says in order for me to request a review they need business documents but I am a dropshipper. Now it is telling me i need to send a photo of my ID because my account has been disabled?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
116 8 35

Hey, @cocolex!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work at Shopify. 

Thank you for sharing this valuable question. Since Facebook is a completely separate entity from us, we are not privy to any information around their account decisions. With that being said, I can definitely still guide you in the right direction with getting this sorted out.

Facebook must get a tonne of account and page creation requests and, like most companies, likely doesn't have the manpower to individually review stores. I suspect they have developed algorithms to help speed up the process of reviewing based on various keywords, images, and a tonne of other data. These methods are not always foolproof and sometimes, for no reason that we can pinpoint, your content might get flagged or reported. 

According to Facebook's help page, you can appeal their decision to disable your account by clicking here. I browsed through their help pages for you, and it looks like other business owners may have run into this type of issue before too. Read through some common reasons a page may get flagged or taken down in heavy detail here.

I recommend connecting with Facebook and providing the documents they have requested. Since you don't have any business documents yet, make sure to reach out to them and see if there is any alternative information you can provide. While you are waiting to hear from them, familiarize yourself with Facebook's Commerce Policy to help speed up the approval process and anticipate any of their questions.

I'm sure that will do the trick, but please keep me posted.

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I have the same problem.  I was editing my facebook ads and suddenly a message flashed on the screen saying I'm banned.  Asked me to take a picture of myself.  So I did.  Then after sending there was a review button which I pressed.  After like 1 day the verdict of the review is my account is deactivated.  Reason is I have not complied with their Community Standards.  They did not elaborate exactly where is the non-compliance.  I was doing my utmost best by using non-copy right pictures.  I was marketing commercial product.  Nothing illegal like drugs, weapons, tabacco etc.  I did not use profanity or any offensive words in my advertisement or Facebook posts.  I did not even use emoticons.  But here I am, given the death sentence.  I was just using Facebook because of the need to use Facebook Ads and I have to pay for the use.  So where have I gone wrong?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
116 8 35

Hi, @famoseco!

I'm really sorry to hear that. As Facebook doesn't provide us with context around their decision or the ability to appeal it from our end, I highly suggest that you connect with their support team directly to resolve this. Contact Facebook through their community centre to get in touch with a customer representative.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Actually I only started on my Shopify stall like Aug 28 2020.  I am glad Facebook deactivated my account so early because this proves that it is not a viable business decision to pursue.  What happens if you are into this business for a while and those guys banned you without giving you a pertinent reason.  I find their actions rude, irresponsible and heavy handed.  I see people spending thousands of dollars in Facebook Ads.  If Facebook doesn't see us as a business opportunity, so be it.  I have just terminated my web hosting subscription as well as shutting my Shopify store.  If Facebook does not treat customers correctly, they will soon meet their downfall.  

0 Likes