Facebook ad account keeps getting disabled

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, everyone

My friend and I made a shopify store recenty and we want to advertise through Facebook ads manager but our account keeps getting disabled because of "suspicious activity" before we even get the initial ad running. What happens is when I'm setting things up on our account facbook will kick me off and say it's due to suspicous activity, then ask for a picture of my face to verfiy that it's me. This makes no sense because the account is brand new and has no pictures on the account to refer to in the first place. After I submit the picture of myself they block me out of my account for a day or two then disable it. The only thing I could think of why this is happening is from logging on the business manager from two different computers?? This has happened two times, the first time I used my name and our business email. The second time my friend used his name and a newly created email that was similar to the first and we were kicked off this account much faster than the first (less than 12 hrs after it was made). Does anyone have any insight on why this could be happpening ? Is this happening to anyone else?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

This may be happening because of your sign-ins from multiple computers for a new account; it's likely Facebook is automatically seeing this as a spam account and blocking new activity. Have you tried contacting their Ads support team? Sometimes that is the only way to rectify the situation for the account :/

Tori Copper www.simplr.ai
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I looked at their support page and it didn't really look like there was someone to contact about it. I did file a complaint after the first account was disabled, but I have yet to hear anything back. Do you know the Facebook ad support email?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I am having the same problem. Facebook has now disabled two accounts I tried to connect to Shopify. It happens within a day. I literally have no time to do anything before it happens. No messaging, no ads, nothing. I have done nothing to violate their terms of use. The worst part is that it is connected to my Instagram business account and I can't connect it to Shopify because of this and I can't unlink it from the disabled Facebook account because I can't access it. Clearly Facebook is automatically zuccing Shopify accounts. No one from Facebook will respond either. I even had to upload my photo and send a security code sent to my cell phone and it still wouldn't let me in. Seeing as this is happening to other users, Shopify should be contacting Facebook to resolve this. How can I promote my shop if I can't connect to Instagram or Facebook?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

u are damn right..  I just started my shopify and linked to FB and IG.  Two days later, both of my FB and IG got blocked for no reason...

0 Likes
Excursionist
11 0 4

Hiya, did you manage to find the problem and fix it? 

Alert: Just happened to me! Boo :(

Feeling pretty worried how to run new ads. Confused too.

@Jacob22 wrote:

Is this happening to anyone else?

Kay Mann, the eCommerce nerd and Bitmoji fan :)
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
This just happened to me. I didn’t violate any policies and I can’t seem to find any possible way to contact or talk to someone.

Have you managed to solve your issues?
0 Likes