Facebook business account restricted from advertising

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

I am a new retailer and I'm having trouble adding an ad account for my shopify store in Facebook business manager. When I tried to connect my personal Facebook account, there is a promt that says "Ad Account connect failed".  

When I log in through Facebook business manager, there is a notification that says "Business Account Restricted From Advertising- You can't use this store to run ads, manage ad accounts or use data sources such as Facebook pixels and offline event sets". 

My store has been approved to sell on Facebook and this is my first time setting up so I believe I did not violate any Facebook policies. Any advice on what I can do in the meantime?

PS: I've also created another Facebook account and added that account as admin, when i log in the same message appears.

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
1 0 0

Same problem :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 1 4

I have the same problem- created new website 6/6/20. Can't cross post from instagram as well, total nightmare trying to run ads. Following this thread so solution.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,I have the same problem. Any advice ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Exactly the same issue. I only created the Facebook page and connected it to Shopify and within an hour I received the message stating 'This business account isn't allowed to advertise because it didn't comply with our Advertising Policies or other standards. Its ad accounts and other advertising assets have been disabled."

I've read the advertising policies and I can't see how I could have breached it when i have never even had the chance to publish an ad yet!

Highlighted
2 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

This is what happened to me, maybe helpful for those who had the same issue. You have to appeal the decision. Took 3 attempts before someone actually took the time to help me.
20200616_081908.jpg

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Yeah it took me about a week for Facebook to get back to me. I also went to https://www.facebook.com/business/help > "Find answer or contact support" to talk to a representative. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

I totally understand your frustration! Be patient and keep appealing your request. Hope it goes well for you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

I'm having similar issues....I hadn't even posted an ad. Facebook has disabled my business accounts. I also can't switch to professional account in instagram (message says YOU REACHED LIMIT FOR NUMBER OF BUSINESSES YOU CAN CREATE). This all has hindered me from being able to run and post ads. Someone please help. I have appealed to facebook several times with no success. I have even reached out SHOPIFY to see if they could assist...still no help. Can someone please help me as I would just like to get back to working on my business.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Please! How did you get facebooks email!

0 Likes