Facebook checkout not taking costumers to my online store.

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, I've been having this problem.

When my costumers click on a certain  product on my facebook page, a "checkout on website" button appears and it doesn't take them to my online store (as is says under the button "this will take you to ***.myshopify.com"). Instead, they are redirected to the checkout where they have to fill their info and complete order without being able to purchase other products. How do I make this button direct my costumers to my online shop instead? 

Thank You!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
226 0 21

Hi Peter,

Stephen a Shopify Guru here :)

With the Facebook sale's channel customers can only add one product to the checkout at a time, This is something we are working with Facebook at the moment. There is no way to add a redirect or affect the buy buttons on the Facebook page as all the code is on the facebook side of things.  What I suggest doing is posting multiple links to your store on your social media pages and showcase some of your products on the social media pages with links back to the products page. That will drive up your SEO score and hopefully, traffic on your store wich could lead to sales.

Hope that helps, feel free to drop us a line at support@shopify.com if you have any other questions. 
Stephen :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Fixing love spells- Most trusted & gifted Instant Working lost Love spells +27787019251 on watts up
Love potions & love white magic spells to heal relationships, marriages & love problems by drasimura. Am a powerful love spell caster whose love spells have helped many people around the world with marriage, relationships, divorce, lost love & love complications. Consult me for love spells that work fast.+27787019251 online- If you have problems with your love life, save your relationship or marriage with my genuine love spells as the Africa's most powerful love spell caster. My love spells will help you keep your love on track; dispel all negative love energies with love spells. True love spells for all love problems, love spells for cheating lovers, love spells to make someone fall in love with you, love spells to heal a marriage, love spells to prevent divorce, love spells to find a lost lover, love spells to get forgiveness from your lover, love spells to bind lovers using my true love spells. If you want to make someone notice that you like them or convert a friendship into a love affair that will last the test of time consult me for true love spells that work fast. 
Contact information: call me on +27787019251 EMAIL: drasimura@gmail.com  website: http://spiritualancestralhealer.webs.com    Australia Bangladesh Canada Egypt France Germany India Iran Italy mexico Russia united state Africa Europe south America

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

It's incredible how after one year and half of "working with Facebook at the moment" there is still nothing...

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

any updates on this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Ok, so the Shopify staff member @Stephen_T  who commented here hasn't made any other forum posts since 2017.

This is broken guys!  We have products that require personalizations (that are passed to us via the notes box on the cart page) that the customer does NOT get to enter as they're taken directly to checkout.  They can't access the cart.

We really shouldn't have to jump through code and hack your system or buy yet another app for this to work the way it should.

FIX THIS!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Ok, as I can't edit my reply...I'll add another one.

Working with Dirk at Shopify support - he said that what we CAN do is disable the checkout URL's.  Go into your Facebook Business Manager, then go to the settings of the page for your store - go down to shop and turn off the Checkout URL option.

Boom - now when they click that button, they go to your product page!

2 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Yup this worked for me!
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi! I saw your (auto-)reply and I would like to do the same but I can't find the setting...Could you help me?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

There really isn't any additional detail I can provide to do this.  You need to be using Facebook Business Manager to be managing your company's Facebook page.  You go into FBM, select the page you want to manage, go to the settings for the page, then scroll down to Shop and turn off the radio button for Checkout URL.

0 Likes