Solved

Why am I ineligible to create a Shopify commerce account?

epineio
Visitor
2 0 0

Unable to create a shopify commerce account for my store. It says that i am not eligivble to create a commerce account. What can be done to change this?

Accepted Solution (1)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @epineio!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Are you trying to set up the Facebook channel? With the Facebook channel, you can connect your product catalog with Facebook and Instagram so that customers can browse your products on both platforms.

There are some requirements for using the Facebook channel and having a Facebook Commerce Account is one of them. During the onboarding process, you will be prompted to create or connect an existing Commerce Account. 

If you're ineligible for a Facebook Commerce Account, then it sounds like you may not meet some of Facebook's requirements. You can find them listed here. Most often, these issues occur when a merchant is not located in one of Facebook's supported markets.

Where are you located? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @epineio!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Are you trying to set up the Facebook channel? With the Facebook channel, you can connect your product catalog with Facebook and Instagram so that customers can browse your products on both platforms.

There are some requirements for using the Facebook channel and having a Facebook Commerce Account is one of them. During the onboarding process, you will be prompted to create or connect an existing Commerce Account. 

If you're ineligible for a Facebook Commerce Account, then it sounds like you may not meet some of Facebook's requirements. You can find them listed here. Most often, these issues occur when a merchant is not located in one of Facebook's supported markets.

Where are you located? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

epineio
Visitor
2 0 0

Thankyou for your response. 

The store is located in India.

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @epineio

This is Rae from the Shopify team. I'm helping out my colleague Julie with this thread, and I wanted to lend a hand with the troubles you're running into. 

I appreciate you confirming your location - this is super helpful information to have. 

In terms of the error you're seeing though, is this appearing on Shopify's end, or on Facebook's end? Does it appear when you're following these steps?

Can you also please reply back to me here with a screenshot of the specific error message you're seeing? That way, I can help look into this further on my end. Before sharing any images with me here though, it's important to make sure that all of your sensitive, store-specific details are removed from the image to protect your own privacy. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with these details! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

EdvardSR
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi - I am having the "same" issue after removing and re-connecting Facebook.

This is the error it says, as it will not reconnect.

If I try "replace commerce account" it fails by saying Facebook/Instagram is not available in my country, but it is listed in the Facebook Pages Shop availability. It worked easy before, but since the new integration has replaced the previous one, I assume Shopify are trying to create a Facebook Shop, rather than the previous type (Facebook Pages Shop). If I go to my Facebook Business page, it allows me to create a shop, but that of course isn't linked to Shopify.

EdvardSR_0-1623851182464.png

EdvardSR_1-1623851360273.png

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @EdvardSR

Thanks for reaching out in this thread and sharing these screenshots. 

It looks like the message you received is slightly different than the error originally mentioned in this thread. Instead, the message you're seeing is related to the issue shared in our forums here, so I recommend checking out that post to learn more about how to resolve this. 

If you're still seeing this same issue after following the steps in the above post, please feel free to start a new thread about this in the Technical Q&A board here on our forums. That way, other Community members who are encountering this same error can join your thread to discuss this further. 

Cheers, 

AnasKunda
Tourist
6 0 6

I had the same problem. I solved it using below steps:

1. Go to your Facebook page
  2. Click on 'Shops' tab
  3. You will see a prompt to create a new shop
  4. Creat a shop in facebook page
  5. Add one product
  6. Once the product is added, you will find an option 'manage catalog', click on it. It will open your commerce manager.
  7. In the left hand side, you will see a menu having 'Overview', 'Set' etc. in that menu, click on 'sales'
  8. A new page will open. You'll see two options 'Shops' and 'Instagram Shopping'. Click on Shops.
  9. Now, 4 steps will appear. The first step will tell something about 'connect owner', click on the blue button and select your business manager and click ok.
  10. Now go to Shopify > Facebook sales channel, continue your setup for facebook shop. In the commerce account step, you will automatically see your catalog name
Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @AnasKunda

Thanks for sharing these steps.

This information will likely help others in this thread, so I appreciate you reaching out to outline how you resolved this on your end. 

Best, 

Samy1111
Visitor
1 0 0

It says it is under review. There were a couple of issues as in one variant is not available at the moment. I have gone into printify and shopify and fixed it. However it is still coming up as an issue. So i don't quite understand what i am meant to do

Signaturemane
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello @Julie i am having a similar issue right now. I moved last year from Nigeria to Canada and started setting up my Shopify store yesterday but encountered the same issue. What can I do? 

BRISAROSA
Visitor
1 0 0

I have an error to finish connecting facebook with shopify. I added the sales channel: Facebook Account, Business Manager, Domain Verification, Facebook Page, Data Sharing correctly ALL.
The error is in the second to last step to connect Commerce account, I accept the delete permission and I get the error when replacing account (attached).

It says that I have added payment information in the profile, so I deleted it and still the error persists.

Thanks for the support you can give me.

BRISAROSA_0-1654123882988.png