Facebook disables my account within 24 hours and I can't connect FB or IG to my shop

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Facebook has now disabled two accounts I tried to connect to Shopify (I created a second account when the first was disabled thinking it was an error). It happens within a day. I literally have no time to do anything before it happens. No messaging, no ads, nothing. I have done nothing to violate their terms of use. The worst part is that it is connected to my Instagram business account and I can't connect it to Shopify because of this and I can't unlink it from the disabled Facebook account because I can't access it. Clearly Facebook is automatically zuccing Shopify accounts. No one from Facebook will respond either. I even had to upload my photo and send a security code sent to my cell phone and it still wouldn't let me in. Seeing as this is happening to other users, Shopify should be contacting Facebook to resolve this. How can I promote my shop if I can't connect to Instagram or Facebook?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 58 116

Hey, Paige!

I'm Lizzy. I'm on the Guru support team at Shopify.

I noticed that you mentioned this is the second account you've set up with Facebook. It may be that Facebook is seeing that you've set up multiple accounts, which they will automatically attempt to shut down as it goes against their guidelines. There is some more information from Facebook on this page. If you are trying to create a separate personal account for your business, even if it is intended to be used with Shopify, Facebook will keep trying to close it. This is because Facebook business pages are intended to be used for businesses rather than personal profiles.

If you have a personal account which is still active, you can create a Facebook business page for your store. You can then connect that to Shopify.

You should also be able to disconnect your Facebook account from within the Instagram app. This help page explains how to do that.

Hopefully this helps to explain a bit of what might be happening with your Facebook accounts. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you, 

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Lizzy,

This happened before I created a second account. When the first one was disabled, it asked for a security code to my cell phone. I did that. Then it asked me to upload my photo, which I did. It locked me out anyway. I contacted FB through their online form and didn't receive a response. After days, I created a new one because it's affecting my ability to promote my store. Yes, you can disconnect the FB account from your Instagram but Shopify and Facebook force me to use the one connected to the original account. I cannot connect my Instagram to Shopify. It tells me to log in to my Facebook admin account. When I did that (when the second account was active) it said this Instagram account is connected to another Facebook account (the first one which was disabled). Even though I disconnected it on Instagram's end. I can't disable it through FB because I can't log in! I need a solution to this and I see it is happening to other Shopify customers. Also, I did create my store page through a personal account. You HAVE to create an acount to create a business page. It disabled my personal account and removed my store page. If Shopify is going to partner with Facebook then you should look into resolving this. We can't promote our stores otherwise.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 58 116

Hi Paige.

You’re absolutely right in that you do need a personal Facebook account to create a Business page. Do you have a Facebook account from before you tried setting one up to connect to Shopify? If so creating the page through that account shouldn’t give you any of these issues. As that Facebook account will be established.

I also wanted to share with you, that I recently created a new Facebook account, after not being active on the platform for a little while, and had a similar experience of being asked to send in a picture and confirm information. After several days the account was opened back up to me, but I do remember it taking a bit longer than I expected.

You do need to connect your Instagram account to Shopify through a Facebook page. I know you mentioned getting an error message from within Shopify, but were you able to connect your new Facebook account to Instagram after disconnecting the old one? Or were you getting an error there too?

If you would like, you can give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're here 24/7 and are always happy to help merchants get set up.

Thank you, 
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 2
Did you guys ever solve this issue? I’m having this problem in 2020.
2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This problem is happening to me to and it really sucks. It takes a lot of energy to create pages on different platforms and link them up just to have them deactivated in a heartbeat. Both my FB accounts were deactivated when I tried to manage them through Shopify (Shopping Facebook). It's probably a technical issue. I hope this can be resolved because it's eating time and energy.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

This just happened to me too. I started a biz page from a facebook account I've had for years and as soon as I hooked it up to Shopify it was all disabled.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

im having the same issue now, both my personal and new business accounts are deactivated

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

My account disables too when I tried to log in from Facebook Shop on Shopify... did any of you took it back?

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Yes, my account was reactivated
0 Likes