Facebook disables our ad accounts

2 0 0

Hi there,

I am new to Shopify and the ecommerce business.

I first created a business manager with my only Facebook profile I had.

Then I created a Facebook page in a bsiness manager account there and posted some content which turned to be the wrong ones.

So I had to creat a new Facebook profile just for business. The same, created a new page in a new business manager and added a new ad account. We added Paypal for billing. Facebok disabled this account too, deleted our payment instrument and now we can't run ads.

Although I ran from this second profile ad account some ads and got conversions, FB disabled that too saying that there is unusual activity and now we are not able to convince Facebook to reactivate our business ad account.

We deleted our products that don't meet the product policies and yet FB is not responding to our ask to reenable the ad account.

Does anybody know a smplye solution besides writing FB several times a day?

Thank you,

William

0 Likes
4 0 0

Did u manage to get it enabled?

My account too get disabled.

0 Likes
2 0 0

yes, my account is fine now Facebook has a livechat and I just changed the credit card

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 2

hey andrew, did you get your account back?

i recently wrote a topic here on how to get your ad account back after it gets disabled by facebook.

you can check it out here> https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-discussion/t/how-to-get-your-disabled-facebook-ad-account-...

KyleKzn http://www.hustletothetop.com/facebook-ad-account-disabled/
0 Likes
2 0 0

Did anyone get this resolved?  I have the same issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
95 0 1

Wow, so sorry this happened. Sucked.

I know your post is about a year old, but this is still happening.

Facebook actually banned a ton of ad accounts last night, which is great for the platform and legitimate advertisers. Now, Facebook has always shut down or flat out banned ad accounts for breaking their Terms of Service (TOS). That said, it's usually auto triggered based on ad disapprovals (sexual, before/after pics, etc)

This wave of shut downs is different.

They do massive shut downs like this periodically, including the last one in August, but nobody I've spoken with at Facebook has told me why it's happening now.

One theory is that they've ramped up these massive shut downs because the election is coming up. But having worked with publishers, patriotic brands, and talking to folks who work on political ads, I don't think this is true.

The next theory is that Facebook really is putting more of an effort into kicking bad actors off their platform, and I think this is true.

Anyway, we blogged about this if you want to learn more: https://bit.ly/2CSZ3EF

Hope that adds to the conversation!

Kevin Simonson is the CEO of Metric Digital, a performance marketing agency in New York City that focuses on driving revenue and customers through for ecommerce business via online advertising, email and other digital marketing channels.
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hey Kevin....your link is requiring a username and password to log in.  Can't view the blog post.

0 Likes