Facebook disconnect issues

1 0 0

I'm incredibly frustrated that this seemingly widespread problem isn't closer to a solution. It's pretty imperative that we have our products listed on facebook. I have deployed the Flexify Facebook Feed however my store keeps disconnecting from Facebook on it's own, so this is of no use. I have tried different browsers, resetting my router, incognito browser mode, connecting via the mobile app and every single time it disconnects itself. WHYYYYY. I appreciate Shopify's attempt to help but the "we don't know when we will find a solution" is disappointing from such a large and reputable company. I am not the only one having this issue. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
163 17 27

Hey, @wyo27!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Facebook sales channel and I appreciate you reaching out about this. I completely understand how important it is for your store's systems and channels to be consistent and reliable, however, it does look like there are some problems on Facebook's side at the moment. I can assure you we have all hands on deck working to fix this as quickly as possible and limit downtime as best we can but at this time we need to wait for the Facebook devs to get back to us with a fix as it is a third-party sales channel so our support scope is limited.

I have a few troubleshooting steps to go through that have worked for others if you want to give them a go? 

1. Can you double-check your Facebook template is set to "Shopping", if it is set to anything else, it will not work. Here's how you would find the section to check what page template is being used:

• Go to the Facebook page you are an administrator for
  • Click 'Settings'
  • Click 'Templates and Tabs' - If this section says anything but 'Shopping', click 'Edit
  • Click 'View Details' on Shopping and 'Apply Template'

2019-07-3v8tj-yeb75

2. Next, please make sure you have enabled the Shop Tab:

• Click Settings at the top-right corner of your Facebook Page.
  • Then click Templates and Tabs from the menu on the left.
  • Click the Add a Tab button and click Add Tab next to the Shop option.
  • You should see the Shop tab again on your Page now.
    2019-07-3czzc-kx688

3. Lastly, we need to make sure the page is published (on facebooks side, a connection in the admin does not mean it is published):

To Publish Shop Page:

• Click Settings at the top of your Page
  • From General, click Page Visibility
  • Click the setting to "Page published"
  • Click Save Changes

2019-07-5l3e2-sxjx9

After all these settings have been configured, please log out and log back in using a chrome browser and let me know how you get on and if you see anything strange along the way! If you notice your Facebook is still disconnecting after this, let me know and I can escalate this up to our technical team who are monitoring the situation.

Kind regards,
Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes