Facebook followers seeing posts "[Shop name] added an item to their shop"

Matthew_Harper1
Excursionist
31 0 12

Hi Graham, thanks for the details. I have just made the settings change on my page too, so fingers crossed

0 Likes
Rachel_Zylstra
Tourist
7 0 1

Please update us if changing this setting seems to work for you.  I just checked my settings, and we already had this option turned off, and we were still having the issue with the store posts, so I'm a little skeptical that's the fix.  That being said, I haven't seen these posts from our Facebook page recently, and we've been adding a ton of new products the last few weeks.

0 Likes
panaru
1 0 0

Unfortunately this won't help. Is very annoing !

0 Likes
CharlesBG
Tourist
5 0 3

Apparently my facebook profile got disconnected on Shopify due to a channels update on the platform's backend. And whether it's related or not, we haven't seen this issue come up since that was disconnected.

0 Likes

Hi Matthew,
could you please share the change you made on your settings?

Thanks!
Elia

0 Likes
CharlesBG
Tourist
5 0 3

I changed nothing at all. There was apparently an update on Shopify and somehow this disconnected my account (without affecting the status of our shops, etc.). And I haven't seen the issue pop up again. I also haven't reconnected my Facebook account just because I'm scared to see the issue start again.

0 Likes
Matthew_Harper1
Excursionist
31 0 12

Hi Ella

Here's the change I made in my Facebook page settings, as advised by graham_co:

Business Page Settings > Page Updates > click on Edit > and turn off post notifications so that they don't automatically update every change

Thanks

Matt

Rachel_Zylstra
Tourist
7 0 1

Sadly, turning off the notifications doesn't work.  My Facebook page has had notifications turned off the entire time, and we still get these "added to shop" posts showing up.  I hadn't seen one in a while, so I was hopeful they had stopped, but I just added some new products the other day and had a bunch of them go out.

0 Likes

Thanks Matt!
It seems this is a setting to turn off generic updates like store hours, address...let's hope this includes also item updates on shop, but I'm not so sure.
Let's hope anyway Facebook will introduce soon a dedicated option.

Best,
Elia

0 Likes
MidCenturyStyle
1 0 0

Same problem here. It started noticing yesterday: added 5 new products and had prepared a campaign of posts to go with them but Facebook did it before me so followers started liking those empty bland posts, rendering mine completely useless. This is VERY annoying and stupid. "Pages updates" option has been already unchecked for a long time so it is NOT the solution. I hope someone at Facebook is monitoring this and FIX IT!!!

0 Likes