Facebook followers seeing posts "[Shop name] added an item to their shop"

Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 5

My Shopify store (www.eduzone.co.uk) is connected to Facebook via the old Facebook Shop integration (not the new Facebook sales channel). Recently I've noticed thatin Shopify when I add an item, or change an item from being in stock to out of stock, our followers on Facebook see a post saying "Eduzone added an item to their shop" containing the item details. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Bumping this topic! My client has notcied the same thing. This appears to have started happening in the last couple of weeks. If anyone uncovers a solution to disable this, let me know

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 5

Yes, I first noticed it about a week ago. Strange that it seems to have started around the same time Facebook introduced their new Shopify channel - even thought we've not set it up yet.

Is there anyone at Shopify that can help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 5

In case anyone else has the same query, I've been on chat with Facebook support today and they've said that these notifications are a standard feature and cannot be changed or stopped - no matter whether you use the new or old Facebok channel integration.

I've also queried with them why we get no notification that these are being sent out, and they don't appear on the page's activity log. I haven't had a good reply on this yet!

The annoying thing is that it's not just when new products are added, it's also when out of stock products are put back into stock - I assume that's because Shopify halts sending them through the data feed to Facebook, and then resumes them, so from Facebook's point of view it assumes they're new. At the moment with Covid we have items quite frequently going in and out of stock - the only way I can think to reduce the messages being made is to set the item as unavailable on the Facebook channel, and only make it available again once the item is permanently back in stock.

I look forward to hearing if there's anything Shopify can do from their side as a solution.

1 Like