Facebook initially linked to personal Instagram - business Instagram now declined

1 0 0

Hello

I created a Facebook business page and store, linked to Shopify.

I received approval from Instagram for Instagram product tagging.

When I linked FB to Instagram, this somehow lined to my personal Instagram not the business Instagram.

I then sought to unlink this and request approval for the business Instagram.  I have now received a message "Your  store isn't eligible for Instagram product tagging. Instagram reviewed your store and decided that its not currently eligible for Instagram product tagging".

I cannot find out why and what I can do to remedy this.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 43

Hey, Lance, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

It's frustrating to hear that your store was declined by Instagrams team for the Instagram sales channel. When it comes to this decision, it is something that is completely handled by the Instagram team. I'm afraid that at this time, we aren't able to see the reason behind why this happens, nor is there a way to appeal the decision. 

That said, I can definitely see how this would be frustrating, so I am going to share your story with our developers. Maybe in the future, we will be able to have a bit more flexibility with this sales channel. In order to share this feedback, would you be able to provide me with the URL of your store? That way, we can keep track of how many people are affected by this. 

If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Ann

I too received the dreaded "Your store isn’t eligible for Instagram product tagging" when I tried to link my Instagram account to my store.  My URL for my store is:

https://www.starvingstudentsmusic.com/

In the message I received, I did try to contact Instagram about this issue.  That was days ago and I have received no reply

Very frustrating

Ron M

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 43

Hey Ron, 

I'm sorry to hear that! I will let our team know that you are affected by this as well. Thanks so much for reaching out. 

Have a great one,
Ann

0 Likes
1 0 0

My shop was deemed not eligible as well, and I don't know why. I've tried to contact IG but no response so far.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Has anyone found out how this decision can be appealed? Thanks!

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 3

If anyone is still stuck with this issue, I've managed to figure out what the problem was for me. Apparently my Facebook Store was not a shopping & retail store aned that's why it was deemed ineligible. I wrote a step-by-step guide on how I fixed the issue: https://www.shafquatarefeen.com/instagram-tag-products-shopify/

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 3

[repost]

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 43

Hey again, 

Just in response to Moonfinder Shop, thanks for sharing with me on this thread. I will pass your store's URL along to our team so they are aware of your store too. Thanks for taking the time to share here. 

Have a great one,
Ann

0 Likes