Facebook is making me cry!

Highlighted
Hi everyone. A about 18 months ago I set up my shopify store with create enthusiasm and certainty it was going to be a success. It's in a niche market and was happy. However, for over 18 months I have not been able to connect my Facebook page to my shopify store. After not getting anywhere with this and thinking maybe ecomm just isn't for me I opened my retail store. I was not expecting Covid 19 ! I am now on the brink of a complete breakdown and since lockdown have tried everyday to connect my store to Facebook a d get some marketing done. I want to try landing pages next but the reality is that at some point I will still need to FB and Instagram! Can someone please offer me some help in connecting my store to FB before I connect myself to an electric socket and electricute myself out of frustration! Thanks people
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1380 134 373

Hey there, @Modesttrends 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I am sorry to hear that you have had such a frustrating time trying to connect your Facebook page to your Shopify account. I would recommend in cases like these that you reach out to our support team through our help center or via social media, we are always more than happy to help. 

So when it comes to Facebook not connecting to Shopify correctly, there could be a number of reasons. Could you let us know what error message you are seeing when you try to connect the two? If you could share a screenshot, that would be great! 

A user has to be an Admin and connected to the Facebook API for over 24 hours (sometimes a week) to be recognized as the Admin. Thus, this issue will resolve itself with time, we just need to wait this out. If you are listed as the page admin within Facebook, you can try to connect using the Shopify mobile app. If that doesn’t work, have will need to check whether Shopify has access to their pages in your Facebook Business Integrations. You can do this by clicking View and edit beside Shopify here: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools

If Shopify already has access to their pages, try the following steps:

1. Delete the Facebook Sales Channel.
  2. Remove "Shopify" from your Business integrations (https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools). Then log out of Facebook.
  3. Re-install the Facebook Sales Channel and attempt to connect.

If the above steps do not work, click Connect another page or Disconnect it and connect another page here:

Let me know how this goes. This is just one workaround for one specific problem, if you could let me know the exact error message you are seeing I will be able to help further. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello!

Please help me. I have kind of the same problem 

To sell on Facebook, you need to have a Facebook Page for the account you’re signed in with. You also need to have Admin access for that account. If you don’t have a Facebook Page for your store, you can create one.

This is the message i am receiving. 

I've tried all of your suggestion. I am Admin on my page because i run ads all the time. I don't know what the problem is. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1380 134 373

Hey there, @ADAtelier 

I am sorry to hear you are having similar issues. You will need to review your personal Facebook account via the Facebook Page - > Settings -> Pages Roles. We do not want to see "Custom" (or the title of the custom role) in this section:

If the below options are enabled in the Facebook Business Manager account, the page role will appear as “Custom”. If you disable these options, you will be recognized as a standard page “Admin” and you can then connect to the Facebook Sales Channel as expected.

You can find the above settings by going to the Facebook Business Manager account: https://business.facebook.com.

1. Click ‘business settings’, as seen here: 
  2. Select the page, as seen here: 
  3.  Disable the two options, as seen here: 

Once the "Manage Jobs" and "View Earnings Insights" settings above are disabled, we should see the desired settings on the right:

You can then connect the Facebook Business account inside the Facebook Shop channel on Shopify. You should be able to connect and be put in review with Facebook, then the expected 48-72 hour review process will commence.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted

Sorry for the very delayed response. Thanks

1 Like