Facebook is not connecting to Shopify and I am going nuts!

Excursionist
29 0 10

I have a Facebook Page and am attempting to set up a Shop. I cannot get the connection between Shopify and Facebook to work. I am an admin for the Shopify store and an admin for the Facebook Page. I am logged into both.

When I attempt to connect the two, I get the Commerce Merchant Product Agreement and I scroll to the bottom and I "Accept Terms". I get a message saying I am NOT logged in and am asked to do so, so I click on the login button and end up with a blank page. Nada, nothing, zilch.

What am I doing wrong? I am going a little crazy trying to connect these two. Help!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 40 94

Hi @ShopkeeperVicki 

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you and thank you for reaching out.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty getting this connected, and imagine it frustrating to be caught in a loop here.

Would you be able to test this out once more but ensuring to clear your browser cache and that you do not have any add/pop-up blockers present on this page before doing so?

If you are still unable to get past this initial setup step, I would love to have a closer look into this with you. I have sent you an email to verify your details so that we may do so. Do feel free to reply to this, if you notice no change. We can also loop in our technical support team on this too if needs be.

Thanks so much.

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

I'm having the same problem. I've cleared the browser and cookies to no avail. Help please!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Katie,

I'm having the exact same issue and am not sure how to resolve this.

https://the-world-hates-me.myshopify.com/

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 40 94

Hi, @cedmonds  and @theworldhatesme !

Apologies for the delay in my reply to you, and I am sorry to hear that you too are having difficulty with this. I would love to help where I can here. 

There are some troubleshooting steps to help ensure that the connection between your admin and the sales channel is set up correctly. Do please examine each step individually.  You will need to do this from your side, as we cannot access your Facebook account.

1. Confirm you have the shopping template set.

• Log into Facebook and navigate to the Facebook page that you are an administrator for.
  • Click Settings
  • Click Templates and Tabs - If this section says anything but 'Shopping', click 'Edit'
  • Click 'View Details' on Shopping and Apply Template

This should look like: 

16-39-pu7q3-7ey0a

2. Make sure you have enabled the Shop Tab:

• Click Settings at the top-right corner of your Facebook Page.
  • Then click Templates and Tabs from the menu on the left.
  • Click the Add a Tab button and click Add Tab next to the Shop option.

This should look like: 

16-40-a246a-f48yd

3. Make sure the page is published (on facebooks side. Connection in the admin does not mean it is published). To Publish the Shop Page:

•  Click Settings at the top of your Page
  • From General, click Page Visibility
  • Click the setting to Page published
  • Click Save Changes

This should look like: 

16-40-39uba-j9osj

4. Ensure that there are no Country Restrictions or Age Restrictions, as this will prevent our systems from syncing. The Page should be visible to everyone.

This should look like:
16-41-9s43v-9repj

Please do go through each of these above steps. If you notice no change, do then please let me know. I will reach out to you, and we can send this through to our technical team for further review. To do so we will need a copy of each of the above screenshots from your testing. Thanks so much!

Cheers,
Katy

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 0

We have followed the exact same steps as outlined but still have the same issue in our store as well. https://asteria.one. Tried from multiple browsers and devices as well.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 40 94

Hi, @orthosie !

Thanks for joining in here and for testing out the above steps.

I'm sorry to hear that this is still not working for you, and would love to help.

I have sent you an email to verify your details. If you could reply to me, including the screenshots from your testing (of each of the steps) we can then look into this with our technical team. These screenshots are important as we do not have access to your Facebook business account.

Cheers,
Katy

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 0

@KatyShopify support team helped me resolve this. Still not sure what the issue is but I am now connected and this is not an issue anymore for my shop. Thank you for the follow up.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 40 94

Thanks for your reply, @orthosie !

I'm glad to hear that you have this resolved. You are always welcome to reply to your support ticket for some more context. We can help provide as many details that we have available to us when working with third-party services. 

Though, all in all, I am glad to hear that you have things up and running now! 

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes