Facebook pixel not firing Initiate checkout

Highlighted
2 0 0

In my store facebook pixel not firing initiate chekout at checkout page, please can any one suggest the solution.
Store link: https://digital-advertising-playbook.myshopify.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
471 40 104

Hi, @Tamoor!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Thanks for sharing the link to your online store. I took a look here on my end and I do see that the InitiateCheckout event is firing properly. To confirm, did you enter the pixel ID in Online store > Preferences? Also, has the InitiateCheckout event ever fired for you or is it missing entirely? 

Currently, the InitiateCheckout event for the Facebook tracking pixel is only fired the first time a customer navigates to the checkout. If the customer goes back to your online store and updates the cart before returning to the checkout, that event does not fire again. This could be why you aren't seeing this event fire. To confirm if this is the case, I recommend testing this out in a different browser or a new incognito window to see if the InitiateCheckout event fires there. You can access incognito mode through the Chrome browser by heading to File > New Incognito Window.

Once you've given that a try, please let me know what you see! As a site note, if you want to find out how many customers are reaching the checkout, you can also do so by referring to the "reached checkout" section in the overview dashboard section in your Analytics.

Adding a pixel to your online store is a great way to learn more about how customers interact with your store. It also allows you to see how your ads are converting. As you continue your advertising campaigns, you might be interested in checking out our blog post on marketing analytics here. This post covers everything you need to know about how to collect data from your marketing activities and what you can do with that data.

I hope this helps! If you have any followup questions, or if you're still experiencing issues with your Facebook pixel, please feel free to respond here and I can further assist.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes