Facebook product shop

shoptoasty
4 0 0

Very frustrating that I am unable to speak with Shopify through any communication channel. They need to get phone/live chat support!!!!!!!

I am having issues with uploading my product data file to Facebook to set up shopping. 

I've got to a point where it says 'fix column issues'

'Column issues
Your data feed file has missing columns related to required inventory info, or ones that we don't recognise. To fix this, you can map columns to ones we understand and start your upload again. We'll remember your selection for future uploads of this data feed.'

There are then over 50 errors and its very confusing, any ideas out there? 

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1044 97 245

Hi, @shoptoasty!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

I'd love to offer some guidance in getting your products published on Facebook. 

Since you mentioned that you are experiencing issues uploading your product data file to Facebook, this tells me that you may not be using the Facebook channel and are instead trying to set this up directly through Facebook. 

In order to properly integrate with Shopify, you will need to make sure that you set up the Facebook channel. The Facebook channel is managed directly within your Shopify admin and will allow you to easily sync your Shopify products with Facebook Shops.

You can add the Facebook channel by selecting the icon next the Sales channels in your admin, then selecting Facebook. Once that's done, simply follow the prompts to complete the setup. We have extensive documentation in the Shopify Help Center that will walk you through the setup process. There, you'll also find eligibility requirements and instructions on how to publish products (no product data file required!). 

Through the Facebook channel, you can also set up Instagram Shopping, which will allow you to start tagging your products in your Instagram posts. The Facebook channel even has an integration with Facebook Marketing, giving you the ability to create and manage Facebook ad campaigns directly through Shopify. You can learn more about how to set up Shopify's Facebook channel for marketing here

While this should help you get set up with Facebook Shops, I also want to address your concern around contacting Shopify Support. Rest assured, we do offer support through both phone and live chat. All of our contact methods are available 24/7 and can be accessed directly through our Help Center. Just keep in mind that you'll need to search for a topic before being presented with contact methods; this is to ensure we can get you in touch with the right team. 

I hope this helps guide you in the right direction, but let me know if you have any further questions!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
shoptoasty
4 0 0
Hi Julie,

Thanks for the support!

I have added the facebook channel and i was rejected for multiple reasons
including not having a verified domain on facebook.

I've managed to solve all of the issues but the one i cant get past now is
'fix column issues'

struggling to upload my shopify products

Some more help would be much appreciated!

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1044 97 245

Thanks for following up, @shoptoasty!

You're likely running into this error message because Facebook doesn't recognize how Shopify's product CSV files are formatted. 

In this blog post, there's a section on how to upload your product catalog to Facebook. There, you'll see that you can set up your product feed using an app like Flexify: Facebook Product Feed. This is a great alternative for merchants like yourself who are having difficulties being approved for the Facebook channel

I suggest using the Flexify app to create your product feed. Not only will this app help you generate the feed, but it will also ensure that your product feed remains in sync with Facebook; when you add and remove products or change your prices, those changes will reflect on Facebook's end. It sounds like this app is the perfect solution for you.

Let me know how that goes!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes