Facebook shop connection issue.

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, I paused my shop for a few weeks over the holiday period. The shop was connected to Facebook shop and I was successfully using Facebook and Instagram to tag products.

When I reactivated the shop it was no longer connected to Facebook and now I'm having trouble reconnecting.

When I try to reconnect I get the following message:

500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong.

Can anyone offer some advice, please?

Many thanks, 

Stefan 

LOMIEbaby

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
36 3 6

Hi, Stefan!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify.

It sounds like there's a missing connection somewhere between the Facebook Shop and Shopify. There are a couple of fixes for this which I'll outline below.

Remove the Sales Channel and then Re-add It

Removing a sales channel that's giving you a headache can be a quick fix. It's a little like saying "have you turned it off and back on again?". Use the steps below to remove the Facebook Shop, then you'll be able to add it again.

• From your Shopify admin, click Settings, and then click Sales channels.
  • Click the trash can (or delete button) beside the name of the sales channel that you want to remove.
  • If you want to give a reason for removing the channel, then enter it in the field.
  • Click to confirm.

Try Using a Different Device and Browser

Another simple, yet effective trick, is to try to see if the issue happens on a different device or internet browser. For example, if you are using Google Chrome, try Safari or Firefox. If you're on a computer, try using our app to see if the issue still occurs. If you find that it does work on other platforms, then you can localise the issue to whichever browser or device you were using. Make sure everything is up to date (your software on your computer, the Shopify app, and your browser) and try again.

What Next?

If the above suggestions don't work, please attach a screenshot to this thread so we can check it out a bit further for you.

I also wanted to chat to you about your store and check in on how you are doing! You mentioned that you had the store paused over the holiday period so I hope you had a well deserved break. I am interested to know what prompted you to pause your store though.

While we are on the topic of Instagram and Facebook, I thought I'd talk to you about ways you can increase traffic and conversions using those channels. You can integrate a Facebook Pixel with your online store, which will help you learn a bit more about your customer behaviours on Facebook.

You can use the pixel to:

• Make sure your ads are shown to the right people.
    • Find new customers, or people who have visited a specific page or taken a desired action on your website.
  • Drive more sales.
    • Set up automatic bidding to reach people who are more likely to take an action you care about, like making a purchase.
  • Measure the results of your ads.
    • Better understand the impact of your ads by measuring what happens when people see them.

You can learn more about Facebook Pixel here if you're interested: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/742478679120153?id=1205376682832142

Please let me know if I can do anything else at all to help you.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hi I am having the same issues , and I tried both and nothing is working I am very frustrated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I go in touch with Shopify support and they were able to help, I suggest you do the same.

0 Likes