Facebook, shopify and Amazon

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 3

Hello Fellow Shopify users,

I am very new to all this and I am in the process of learning everything from scratch.

My idea is to use Facebook for advertising, with a link to my shopify account, which then would direct customers to my Amazon account (again I am learning about fulfilment by Amazon).

The reason for this is due to the fact my first products will be small priced high volume items, meaning at least I can use Amazon to store and send my products. Does anyone else use this slightly long winded way of doing things? 

Going forward I want to use Shopify for my drop shipping ideas and for advertising and selling additional products.

The main target to begin is to direct traffic and sell very low cost good value products in order to create a database of customers. With brand awareness and high value products coming after.

Thank you for any advice, I am very interested in getting some help and returning any favours possible.

Regards

Dan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
43 3 8

You can have Amazon fulfill orders from your Shopify store instead of sending customers on to Amazon's website. And it's actually cheaper that way because you don't have to pay Amazon the referral fee. The Amazon program used for this is called Multi-Channel Fulfillment. You can read all about it here

The Amazon FBA Shipping app will automate the process of sending Shopify orders to Amazon for you. It also shows real-time shipping rates in your checkout and you can customize the packing slip that Amazon puts in with your orders.

If your goal is to create brand awareness and a database of customers, you don't want to send them to Amazon to purchase products. Then those customers are Amazon's, not yours. It's better to keep them on your site and have them buying from you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 3

Thank you for your help, I am looking into MCF now. Where Amazon price the Fulfilment fees per unit, is that per unit to one customer or over a week or month?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
43 3 8

I'm not sure which fees you're looking at, but I would guess it's per unit fulfilled. They don't normally price things like that by customer, week or month.

0 Likes