Fake Shopify Stores

Highlighted
1 0 0

Good Afternoon, What steps does Shopify take to protect the consumer from fake and scam stores?  My husband recently impulse purchased a tool box from a Shopify store, we received an invoice and confirmation.  The funds were withdrawn from our visa and the confirmation email stated they would send us another email upon shipping.  It is now two weeks later and the email has not come so we went back to the confirmation email to contact the store and it does not exist anymore.  There is no contact information, no store, no information on our order.

I have sent a trouble ticket in to Shopify but it has me thinking, if scammers are using this site, are there any steps taken by those who run it to protect the customer?  This was our first dealing with a Shopify store and I can assure you, it will take much convincing now for my husband to ever allow us to make another purchase again after this.  

We also understand we can go to our Visa company and put in a complaint with them and eventually get our money back and that is likely a step we will take if we do not get any satisfaction here, but we felt it was the responsibility of the platform to make this right and wanted to give it that opportunity.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thank you for your message. I saw the same workbench type of ad on Facebook (https://reenayfg.myshopify.com/) for a $900 Husky workbench for about $89. I knew this was too good to be true. Sorry that you had to endure this scam. I have now started to report all ads like this to Facebook as scams.

Thanks again. Your message helped another not be part of this scam.

John

0 Likes