Fake emails wanting to confirm info for shopify payments

walterforge
Tourist
8 0 6

I am sorry, I still don't have an address for security concerns. I do not get any response at all anymore. I have learned to spot them. I don't click on any links. Problems will show up in my admin if they are an issue. I think when it comes to your mailbox there is limited info they can gain. My own order notifications are seen as spam by my own mailbox! Frustrating to say the least.

0 Likes
Nerdmitage
2 0 0

This just happened to me, it's creepy bc they seem to have had access to my order history and as I do pre-orders for handmade work with a leadtime of a couple of months, they made up a story that I have been reported by my customers for not shipping right away and being hard to contact (so untrue it's laughable, no one in my orders list hasn't heard from me a bunch) and they are not freezing my account but put my payments on hold blah blah blah. On the actual shop everything is fine and they sent me the money yesterday. The email has an .edu at the end! Like c'mon.

I googled and found that we are supposed to forward these emails to safety@shopify.com so that is what I did and got an email back right away with a ticket number saying they will look into it. So I think that is the place to go! 

Creepy that some random student can hack into our orders list and look at my lead times, that makes me feel unsafe at Shopify. But hopefully they will actually look into this so get your emails forwarded so they know it's a real issue!

0 Likes
MargotElena_Web
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

Phishing email received today and forwarded on to safety@shopify.com.

The subject of the email was 'Urgent: Your Desired Store Is On The Brink Of Closure'.  The sending address was The Spanish Sandal Company.  The link for updating bill information is a fake Shopify page.  The domain is not owned by Shopify.

0 Likes
Nerdmitage
2 0 0

Just wanted to update everyone that safety@shopify.com is where you send it and they got back to me within a couple of hours to tell me it was indeed fake and that they have been seeing it a lot and are trying to stop it. So keep forwarding them the emails as they want to keep track of them!

0 Likes