Fake emails wanting to confirm info for shopify payments

walterforge
Tourist
8 0 6

Is anyone else getting emails with a very real looking shopify template and it says its from shopify but when you check the address it is someone else? I am getting them regularly each one from a different address. Is this something that shopify security needs to see?

STS
1 0 2

I'm been receiving fake emails that look like they are from shopify and stripe asking me to confirm my bank account information or my deposits will be held.

Deb12
Tourist
7 0 8

We too are getting these emails, I sent them to Shopify today and have yet to hear back. It is classic phishing, please send them in, they need to see them all.

walterforge
Tourist
8 0 6

Please send me an address to send these to. I got one today wanting to access my bank account. I have looked everywhere for an address. If I have one complaint about shopify its that they are NOT easily accessible to shop owners. Thank you for your response and help. I wish you the best in all this mess!

Rhonda

walterforge
Tourist
8 0 6

I got the same one today myself. I am beginning to have very unchristian like thoughts about these people! And I can not find a shopify address to forward these to. Is that something you could post here?

walterforge
Tourist
8 0 6

My latest mailing says shopify accounts but the address is mountaintoptech.net. If you type it in independently it takes you to a fraud "shopify" page.

0 Likes
mteig1
1 0 0

We receive them frequently. Yes, Shopify should communicate more about this and be more accessible.

0 Likes
Joe_Giral
Tourist
7 0 4

I got another one today from "noreply@emmelledesign.com". It doesn't make sense. The email 'reassures' me stating "The account is fully active, however payout transfers have been temporarily disabled while we complete this review"

0 Likes
walterforge
Tourist
8 0 6

If the return address shows something other than shopify I send them to spam. I have learned to recognize them. Somehow the graphics look different. But I have finally figured out there is no problem unless you click on to any of their links. Its best just to go to your admin and open your account info. If there is a problem it will show there. My biggest concern has been that they seem know when I have a deposit drop which is unnerving. It also helps to clear your history and sign in again each morning. That will disable tracking cookies that are generally attached to the sketchy graphics on the email. I am not an expert of any kind. The experts in customer service are inaccessible. Which is surprising. Shopify supplies wonderful tools but very little customer service support.

0 Likes
ggeissberger
1 0 0

I just received the email as well.  What email address did you use to send it to Shopify?  i can'st seem to find one.

0 Likes