Fake shopify store just scammed me out of $582 then disappeared

Highlighted
1 0 1

Just yesterday I bought $582 of raised garden beds from Shopify store “lajfisue”.  I didn’t receive a confirmation email, so I went back to the store to contact them and it is already taken down.  Thank goodness I happened to take a screen shot or I wouldn’t even have the name.  Because I have no shipping date projection or contact information, neither my bank or Paypal have a way to deal with this.  Bank refers me to Paypal’s customer service line, which is shut down due to coronavirus and refers you on a recording to their resolution process online—which requires the above info that I don’t have—so you can’t talk to a person.  I need Shopify to help me get contact information for this ripoff artist.  I seem to have no other way to get help except to create a post here.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

The same thing happened to my wife. Were they advertised on Facebook?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I work for a nonprofit that has been getting TONS of calls from people who ordered raised beds and garden sheds from a company but never got the product, Unfortunately, they don't remember the company and didn't get a confirmation. They call us when the charge shows up on their credit card because the website listed on the charge is for a clothing store, and the phone number listed is ours. Some of these were from Facebook advertisements. Trom these comments, this company looks like a likely suspect. If you have a charge on your credit card for the product, with a phone number that begins with 432, please call that number or reply here. If we can find a name, we might be able to track them down and stop this nonsense. 

0 Likes