Fake store ripped me and my brother in law off

Tourist
4 0 2

Hello May this same thing just happen to me on the 9th for $139. from a facebook link.  Can you assit me as I am new to spotify.

0 Likes
Excursionist
19 0 8

Shopify needs to be held accountable for these scammers using their platform.  Only then, will we put a dent in the scammer's numbers.  Shopify cannot simply hide behind scammers and make their share with a blind eye towards partnering with someone who's sole intent is to rip you off!

I would file a complaint with your Attorneys general's office.  In NY there is an online complaint form.  With enough complaints against these scammers using the Shopify platform, eventually the states will take notice.

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 2

I filed a complaint with NJ Consumer Affairs about this.  Ain't nobody got time for this type of crap! 

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

All in all Shopify should be held to a higher standard especially since they are a out of country platform selling in the US.  They have protection for their merchants but not for the buyer against their scamming merchants.  "Food for Thought" ---Even if your bank gives you the (chargeback) its still not fair to the US economy because you got your money back BUT our US banking systems are being hit with the chargeback that still affects the American population with interest & fees to recoup what they lost for covering you, the investor....while Shopify gets away free & clear with their fees that they charge the scamming merchants.  NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR.  File a consumer affairs complaint in your state against Shopify If they want to let scammers sell on there platform then they should be liable for the  chargeback to the buyer....plain and simple.....cut and dry.  Amazon has been found & held responsible for this same issue on there platform & they are a US Merchant.  And so should Shopify be held accountable  "NOT" being a US Merchant.

1 Like
5 0 0
They are a rip off they steal your money
0 Likes
5 0 0
Rip off!!!!!!!!!
0 Likes
5 0 0
Yes we need to sue get our money back plus!!!!!!!
0 Likes
5 0 0
May, you know you are a rip off how do you sleep at nite
0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 7
Hello I’m sorry that this happened to you, my bank only gave me back half of the money that was stolen from me. These people need to shut down!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Unrealistically low prices are usually a pretty good indication of an illegitimate site.

Check out this Shopfiy Store offering various expensive items for a fraction of their real costs including FREE worldwide shipping!

For example, the Komatsu PC-01 featured here for $159 with free shipping normally sells for about $10,000.

The Happier Camper HC-1 retro trailer offered here again for $159 normally starts at around $14,000.

https://iwantgetnow.myshopify.com

By the way, I have brought this store to the attention of Shopify customer support.

My advice.

When prices are extremely low, it's best to do a little research before acting.

Do a google image search. Do a scam search.

Try to contact the seller. Do they have a legitimate physical address?

Always be suspicious.  

Hugh Harrison

1 Like