Fake store ripped me and my brother in law off

1 0 3

This seems to be a topic that comes up quite often, and with no way to actually contact Shopify customer support as an actual customer, I'm forced to write it a forum, hoping to get answers to my issue. 

My brother-in-law and I both recently made a purchase from a store called Cdb-shop that was linked to Shopify. Neither of us have received any information regarding shipping for our purchase after receiving an email stating our purchase was confirmed. Sending an email to the store owner did nothing as they haven't replied, and now the store is no longer available. We both are out $60. How do we go about reversing these charges? Since I authorized the charges to my bank, it's unlikely they will reverse them. It also seems that Shopify has resolutely refused to create a way to protect shoppers from being scammed. How you are still able to be in business I will never know. $60 may not seem like a lot to many of you, but when you don't have much money to begin with, and that money was for a Christmas present for your kids, and you can't replace it, it's a HUGE issue and loss. 

I'd like to have this issue rectified ASAP. 

3 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 31 67

Hi, there.

This is May from Shopify.

I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. I absolutely appreciate how frustrating this situation is and the impact this has to you. I do want to mention that although Shopify does not assist in the store’s daily operations, we absolutely do not tolerate any fraudulent activities on our platform.

From reading your post, it looks like you have tried contacting the store, but got no response from them. At this point, I highly recommend reaching out to your bank and explain the situation. Your bank will have steps in place for you to follow in order to dispute the charge and recover your funds. In doing so, if they do happen to be a store that operates on our platform, filing a claim with your bank will trigger a notification internally which our Operations team can use to investigate.

I also want to ensure you that take these cases extremely seriously. In addition to filing a claim with your bank, I encourage you to please visit our site and type in 'Where is my order?' to submit a complaint. Here is a short video on you can submit this complaint. That way, in the case they do operate on our platform, we have this added information to pass along to our Operations team to better help along an investigation should one take place.

Thank you for writing your concern here, and I am hopeful for a positive outcome.

Kind Regards,

May

Shopify Support

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

I too just got scammed out of 60 bucks from "Carolineseye" one of shopify's fake stores selling the exact same 3D printer. I just got done chatting with a shopify rep and was told to dispute the charge with my bank . He was unable to give me any information about the store and he did not mention  the video that May reffered to or the process to submit a complaint as May did . So ill be watching the video as well as submitting my complaint. we'll see how this plays out .

0 Likes
2 0 1

I was too scammed for the exact same printer, I will never buy anything that has shopify involved.

1 Like
1 0 0

I have been trying to email the address at the bottom of my order and still no response. The link to view order does not work either! What is this about?

0 Likes
2 0 1
1 0 0

I have got scammed too from Carolineseye. 35 euros gone.

I will never buy anything again from Shopify and I will make sure all people I know will do the same.

Goodbye Shopify, never to see you again.

0 Likes
1 0 1

I have got scammed too from Carolineseye. 60 euros gone.

I will never buy anything again from Shopify and I will make sure all people I know will do the same. I tried to contact them but the site was now down.

Goodbye Shopify, never to see you again, and never from shop ads by facebook.

1 Like
Excursionist
19 0 8

I too was ripped off by a store on the Shopify platform.  I too received what appears to be a sincere response from Shopify, yet the store is still in operation.  Another person reported the same store, yet the store is still in operation.

It would be too easy for Shopify to verify a store using their platform is legitimate, but I suspect Shopify is more interested in selling their platform than they are in protecting their stores' customers.  Too sad.

1 Like
2 0 1
Same here I got scammed by gaming chair store called sportgamingco it's been three weeks and nothing. I looked online the sights can be reported to FBI there sights have instructions on how to do it.
0 Likes