Fake store ripped me and my brother in law off

2 0 3
Shopify is built on scamming the general public so I would assume they told you to pound sand.
2 Likes
Excursionist
18 0 7

Yes, I continually get a canned response from Shopify.  The scam website is still in operation and it has been months since my repeated complaints.  Shopify says they take these accusations very seriously.  That's just too funny.  I think they only care about getting the scammer's cash for use of their platform.  It's my opinion that Shopify is a partner in these scams and is equally liable.

In related news, Amazon was found liable by a Pennsylvania court this week for an Amazon seller using their platform.  The seller was hiding behind the Amazon platform and the customer had absolutely no way of contacting the seller.   The court held Amazon responsible for the damages.  This is great news for the consumer.  Hopefully, this will set a precedent for all storefront platforms.  Shopify needs to be held equally liable for scammers using their platform!

3 Likes
2 0 1
Besides sending complaints I also sent the sight which I got ripped off to the FBI they have a section just for website that do this. It's easy to fill out make sure you get a copy of the website that ripped you off.
1 Like
Tourist
4 0 7
Was also ripped off by a shopify Site in this case: kingskyshopz.com Raised it to shopify. Requested the site to be taken down. Also requested my data to be purged under GDPR. Shopify have sat on both requests with the same standard boilerplate text about caring. The problem is that why they sit there these scammers continue to operate so in a sense they are enabling the crooks. Was also able to link the scammer to multiple versions of the same shop under different domains all pointing to shopify. www.zgalaxystore.com www.zstarwarsshop.com www.igalaxyshop.com www.zgalaxystore.com And even tracked down to a previous site which was taken down on another platform: https://www.bbb.org/us/ga/fayetteville/profile/online-shopping/xstarwarsshop-0443-28106793/complaint... I am great believe in actions speak louder than words. In shopify's case their words say they care and take these matters seriously, however, their actions show otherwise. Whats even worse is these guys use social media platforms like face book to advertise. FB also takes its time in removing these ads if at all.
2 Likes
Excursionist
18 0 7

Small victory, kenaishop.com scam website has been taken down after months of complaints to Shopify.  Funny thing, Pepper, I looked at the kingskyshopz site that you had noted.  They use the same mailing address as the site that ripped me off.  Haha, such a small world that both scammers use the same fake address. 

43 Brooklyn Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11213
USA

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 7
Might be the same people as Skyoishop. Glad to hear you eventually won. Though the process is far more painful than it should be. As in your case Shopify have sat on this one and the sites are still operational. I suspect that as Shopify makes money regardless of the outcome and that the majority of it is from payment transactions they really aren't concerned. Which I expect the scammers know so they are flooding to the platform. The lack of silence from Shopify on its own community board is telling ...
2 Likes
Shopify Partner
1658 48 167

@Pepper wrote:
The lack of silence from Shopify on its own community board is telling ...

Shopify is a platform not responsible for individual actions of merchants that haven't fulfilled orders.

It's like blaming the road for 1 car accident.

You need to contact the merchants directly to seek resolution.

If that doesn't work contact your payment processor or the payment gateway.

If you used a credit card consider seeking a chargeback once you've exhausted other options.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 7
Sorry Paul your argument is flawed and even Shopify's CCO has stated they police the site for scam activity and remove bad actors. All we are asking in this tread is that Shopify live up to their responsibilities. When they are notified they act in an expedient manner rather. Taking months to respond only after continual complaints is clearly unacceptable. Please don't simplify our discussion as merely unfulfilled orders. We have all dealt with those. These are predatory shop owners who are abusing the use of Shopify and have no intention of fufiling orders. As for your road comparison. We are not discussing a car accident. We are discussing illegal activity e.g. running a red light or hit and run. These sorts of activities are actively policed. "We can ensure that there are fewer bad actors on our platform every single day," says Shopify Chief Operating Officer Harley Finkelstein. "Do some sneak in from time to time? It could happen, just like it could happen on any platform." - Harley Finkelstein. "The company built software to spot potential fraud and help shoppers and brands flag improprieties." Shopify has made it clear both in the press and to me personally that they actively police their site. Well its time for Shopify to live up to its words and deal with the bad actors.
2 Likes
Excursionist
18 0 7

You hit the nail on the head, Pepper.  Shopify took over 4 months to remove the fraudulent website.  Either that or the website owner closed shop and created a new site.  

In my case, Shopify could have shut down kenaishop.com after a quick look into the false claims on their website.  The website was clearly violating Shopify's own policies.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1658 48 167

@Pepper wrote:
 We are not discussing a car accident. We are discussing illegal activity e.g. running a red light or hit and run. These sorts of activities are actively policed. "

Yes and crimes happen on the road you don't play the highway authority you call the police.

If your the victim of fraud contact the authorities, contact your payment service,etc don't waste time on a forum.

Otherwise no matter the anecdotes following the original posters problem the simple act of a merchant either going out of business or not fulfilling orders is not automatically A) a crime  nor is it B) automatically fraud.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes