Favicon is not showing at all

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

Hi everyone,

I have a little bit of troubles in making the favicon to appear in my browser. Currently, I made my picture 32x32 and background transparent. I uploaded the favicon, but nothing appears, what do you think the problem would be?

Theme: Debut

I can confirm that in the theme.liquid there is the following snippet code.

{%- if settings.favicon != blank -%}
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="{{ settings.favicon | img_url: '32x32' }}" type="image/png">
  {%- endif -%}

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
815 95 136

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @NorbertDev,

Hank here from Shopify.

Depending on what way the code is present in the theme, and if the Favicon was uploaded within the editor, may cause a sort of clash, if not done correctly.

Adding a favicon to your online store can really help strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website. For that reason, it is very important to get it right but naturally, sometimes this can be disrupted.

Would it be possible to share your store URL so that I can see if the favicon appears on my end? It may just be a localized issue like your Internet service provider (ISP) or your browser? Can you try opening your website using incognito mode to see if this now shows? If it does, then can you try clearing your cache and trying to view your website again?

Let me know how you get on!

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

Hi Hank - Thanks for your reply!

Actually, I had to wait for a couple of minutes and then it appeared