Favicon

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0
Hello,

I hope you're all doing well.
I put this logo in the "Theme settings" section for favicon but it seems like it's not working. Can anyone help me?

Link to my store: https://plantoxstore.com
Thanks in advance.
93411682_2697339017060608_4002525339342340096_n.png
Kind regards,
Sandra
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 132

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, Sandra!

I'm Lizzy, one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

Thank you for sharing this question with us here in the community forums! Thank you for also sharing your store URL. I was able to pull up the site and can see that the favicon is working! It looks like this in my tab:

19-30-ohibl-ks1hd

It won't appear in the theme customizer, so you'll need to visit the online store itself. If that doesn't help, what could be happening is that you still have the old site saved in your cache. I recommend viewing your website in a browser that you're not currently logged in on, and haven't used to view the store recently. Let me know if that helps to get the favicon appearing for you too!

I also wanted to take a moment to compliment you on your store so far! You've done a great job with the layout. The site looks professional, tidy and is easy to navigate! How long have you been running this business for? 

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2471 129 405

Second Lizzy's  opinion on your design choices, terrific usage of a shopify theme i'm adding it to my notes as an example.

On top of the favicon possibly being your local browser cache not updating, there's also the possibility it's not showing because of specific device/app combos.

When in doubt search for a "favicon checker" for tools that will take a url and check for favicon app-icons etc.

Here's one that shows your okay desktop browsers (at the bottom , there others are just extras):

https://realfavicongenerator.net/favicon_checker?protocol=https&site=plantoxstore.com

@Lizzy  small example case of shopify needing it's own favicon checker in the business tools for branding https://www.shopify.com/tools

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Dear @Lizzy,

Thank you so much! I can see it works.

I started to work on Shopify 2 months ago so I still try to improve the website.

I am also wondering how can I set a picture like here:

93707320_160116152023379_6230379391797428224_n.jpg

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 132

You're welcome @SandraPlantox!

This image will also be pulled in from your favicon. However, to make sure that it shows up correctly there are a few extra steps that you'll need to take. This post from our forums has some detailed instructions on how to set it up! Before making any changes to the theme code I always like to suggest duplicating your theme. You can do this by going to Online Store>Actions>Duplicate. Just in case.

Thank you for the suggestion @PaulNewton, I'll make sure to pass it on to our team!

Lizzy

Highlighted
2 0 0
Hello @Lizzy, Could You please help me as well for the same problem? The favicon shows up just on PCs and not on mobile phones. My website is www.sognorelax.it.
Thank You very much in advance and Hope to hear from You soon!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 132

Hey @AlbertoIvo!

The link I shared above goes over adjusting your settings to have a favicon appear on mobile devices. Many mobile browsers are slightly different than desktop and won't show the favicon on the same way.

Thank you!

Lizzy | Shopify Support

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

My favicon has been working since I launched my store a year ago, but suddenly yesterday it stopped appearing (desktop and mobile, Chrome, Safari...). My website is www.dufranewatches.com and I have reviewed other posts and checked that the favicon code snippet is in theme.liquid, as well the icon is properly sized to 32x32 pxls. I am at a loss for how it suddenly stopped showing up?

Steven

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2471 129 405

have reviewed other posts and checked that the favicon code snippet is in theme.liquid

@DuFraneWatches Just because you see a file referenced in theme file does not mean it's actually getting rendered especially if there is surrounding logic that controls it.

Viewing the source of your reference site in the browser (ctrl+U) shows there is favicon html being rendered.

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="//cdn.shopify.com/shopify-marketing_assets/static/shopify-favicon.png" type="image/png">

(url changed for example)

It also shows there is an invalid <h1> tag right after the opening <head> tag.

This kind of typo happens when someone is trying to make "SEO" changes.

Validating the html for a website https://validator.w3.org/nu/

You can contact me by email or PM if you need pro support to fix it.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi @Lizzy 

Can you help me out, my favicon isn't working and the instructions I've found are not helping.  It is for dagostinopasta.com.

Thanks

Katelyn

0 Likes