Feature Request - Create Collection from Insights

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

We've recently discovered Insights and we think it's a great tool to easily identify product trends in our store. However it would be nice if there was an easier option to create product Collections from those results, besides manually adding tags to each product. Here are some ideas:

- Add condition on Create Collection page - might be something like Insight is equal to High potential
- Add mass product editing to Insights (e.g. mystore.com/admin/insights/products/high_potential) so we can easily add tags to products
- Some other nifty way which can automate adding Insights products to collections

I believe there's a 25 product limit on each insight, but if that could be increased to like 50 it might be better for collections.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
218 18 45

Hi, @Georgi_Demirev!

Julie, here from Shopify Support.

That’s actually a fantastic idea. I think it would be really great to have an automated collection of “Best Sellers”, based on your product insights. The insights tool is pretty powerful, so being able to have that data inform your collections and update them dynamically would be great. 

While this can be done using automated collections and tags, as you mentioned, I also managed to find an app called Besto: Best Sellers Collection, which could be another workaround for the time being. This app will automatically generate collections daily, based on your best selling products. It also allows you to create collections of best-selling products based on the visitor’s country; if a customer is shopping from Mexico, for example, they’ll see a collection of best-selling products specifically in their region. I recommend installing this app so you can see if it’s a good fit for your business. If you have any questions about it, or if you ever require any assistance, you can always reach out to the app developers directly from the Support section of the app page.

Nonetheless, this would be a great feature to have. We actually have a system in place for providing our developers with feature requests, so I’ve gone ahead and sent this up to them for review. Hopefully, this is something we can implement in a future platform update. 

Thanks again for the suggestion, and please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes