Feature Request : Pause Discount codes between dates

Explorer
200 0 18

We have an upcoming promotion which says 'cant be used in conjunction with any other discount codes/promotions etc' However we have previously done something similar to this and customers have either not read that part and placed an order using a additional discount code or ignored it and used two codes. 

Is there anyway that discount codes could be suspended between dates chosen by the shop owner so that this wasnt possible?

While in most instances the extra discount customers receive has been small it can be frustrating none the less and more work if we then decided to cancel orders. Which also may lead to customers not re ordering.

Just a thought and im sure we arent the only people to be caught out by this.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
960 1 51

Hey Amy,

It's actually not currently possible to avail more than one discount code at a time on Shopify, which should minimize the issue here.

With that said, we do allow shops to temporarily disable a discount, as per this help doc:

http://docs.shopify.com/manual/your-store/discounts/disable-discount

If I'm understanding your question right, this should be what you're looking for.

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

0 Likes
Explorer
200 0 18

Matthew, thanks for the response! in all my time i had not noticed the disable button  - DOH! thanks for the tip.

0 Likes
1 0 0

This link doesn't seem to work anymore. Is this still possible to do? Wondering for doing a sitewide discount for Black Friday

0 Likes