Feature Request: Product Admin - Hidden Notes Fields

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

It would be nice to have a notes section that's not seen by customers on admin product pages.

Why?  I need to store Manufacturer links with my products (AliExpress, Etsy, and others).  And possibly some other data.

Would you guys consider adding a hidden notes field that can only be seen on the admin product page?

PS - I know there are apps that can do this, but it seems silly to have to pay money for this functionality.  Plus, it's really painful to have to navigate to the product, then select the app, etc.  It takes a long time to grab a simple note or in my case a link. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
718 75 129

Hey, @Sarah_Shelton!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks for reaching out about your feature request! I can definitely see how this would be helpful for you. At Shopify, we pride ourselves on the continued growth and development of our platform, and we are only able to strive towards this goal with feedback and comments from merchants just like you.

There is never a guarantee that a request will get a green light, or make it to a product launch, but we really do appreciate you reaching out with your suggestion, as I’m sure you’re not the only merchant with this request. 

Kind regards,
Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 10

This is an enhancement that we would be glad to see as well. We have the option to add notes to customer accounts and sales, it would be very helpful to be able to do the same with our product files. We use the Shopify platform as the main database for our products, but it lacks some vital information options, like the original poster mentioned, no place to manage supplier data, manufacturer order numbers or ordering history. We could use a hidden notes field to handle most of this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We really need this option! Put in our suppliers link so when its time to reorder a product we know exactly where to go. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
The workaround we have for this, is we use Stocky. It's a Shopify owned
app that let's you set up 4 custom fields for each product. So we have the
link to the product in one field, the variant name in another, and like a
notes field.

It's also what we use now for forecasting our reorder quantities.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 8

Couldn't a "Timeline" field be added, just like Shopify has on the Orders pages or the Transfers? If we could get the code for the "Timeline" which allows comments, attachments and mentions and be told where to insert it in the Product Template, I feel this would be an easy fix.

0 Likes