Feature Requests: How do I make them?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
298 0 56

Hey all!

We're currently in the process of changing how we store our feature requests internally.

There used to be an email to send those requests to specifically; that email is no longer being used. We'd love if you can send all of your requests to a Shopify staff member at support@shopify.com. While we make our changes, this makes sure that we definitely read your requests and are able to keep an open conversation happening. We want to understand why you're making the request and how it will help you to have a feature added.

Thanks for working with us, as always. :)

Alex

5 Likes
1 0 3

I’m in Australia - My request is to display the correct country currency when viewing your plans at your site, it should auto detect and convert.

When I got to the point where entering credit card details after selecting a $29 plan, I noticed the small text at bottom stating the $29 plan will be billed in US.

I still went ahead with the process as I think you have a great thing going here, just some feedback.

Cheers!

3 Likes
Excursionist
22 0 6

Thanks for the info!

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 10

PLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEE

SHOPIFY - CAN YOU PPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEE?!!

Have a fulfilment status OTHER than "UNFULFILLED" for orders that have been canceled, or refunded.

Right now there are only two fulfilment status and this is very wrong guys. There is more than fullfilled and unfullfilled.

Would be AMAZING!! to see these options for different types.

Fullfilled

Unfulfilled

Canceled

Refunded/Closed

Guys, every single shopify store owner I know has an issue with this. Anyone else out there?

thank you and sorry for the (please) yelling :)

Alex

9 Likes
Pathfinder
295 0 36

Feature request.  

Dont waste your time.  

Try to find an app that does what you are looking for.   That's a more likely solution.  

2 Likes
Tourist
25 0 2

If no-one makes them then how do they know what people want? It's a self defeating attitude to say don't waste your time.

There have been lots of useful features introduced over the couple of years I've been a customer that I've seen asked for.

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 9

My issue with all this is that some of the most basic ecommerce features are requiring a sub-par third-party app. I'm not happy with any of the apps because they are not integrated enough. Ecommerce programs going back as far as 2001 had more features than Shopify. Come on Shopify. Quit sitting on the money you make from our monthly payments, transactions, shipping and apps. Put it to good use and develope inhouse. 

Shopify will likely never add any of these basic features because they are in bed with the developers. I'm ok with paying for services but I'd rather pay Shopify more just to have everything built-in. Apps suck and will NEVER be better than something Shopify could develope into their system.

BigCommerce has more than shopify out of the box. The only thing Shopify has over BigCommerce are their templates, provided by other designers. What a shame. 

8 Likes
Shopify Partner
202 0 4

Hi there - don't be afraid to consult with a certified Shopify Partner & Expert if you need anything custom done; app's are great but they often don't fulfill a specific need/requirement completely, or at all. With the API, liquid, etc. almost anything is possible (even more so within Shopify Plus :)

Cheers!

WhiteWater Web

A certified Shopify Partner and Expert, WhiteWater Web (WWW) is a premium digital solutions company specializing in web dev/design, digital marketing, and online strategy.
0 Likes
1 0 12

Has there been any changes to this?

Can I request a feature for the feature request system?  Make it publicly viewable, with upvotes.  Then we can all see features and upvote the ones that are most important to us.  Ideally we could also see when things are actually in progress.

12 Likes
Excursionist
90 0 12

You guys can contact us via our Shopify Experts page. We build apps and stores with a focus on automation and collectivity. If your feature requests fit with the direction we're heading, this might be a win-win for you and us! You can also email us at support@tabarnapp.com.

I'm the CEO and co-founder of Tabarnapp.

Derek

0 Likes