I sent this via email as well:
I am a new affiliate partner and am creating my first store for a client.
Coming from a WordPress environment I am finding a few glaring issues and user interface difficulties with Shopify that I believe are really behind the times.
1. When selecting an image for insertion into a page, you cannot search for an image, your selection screen has so few items that you have to scroll by arrows through many pages and this issue gets worse as you add more images. It makes finding and selecting an image very difficult.
2. This problem is also aggravated by the fact that you cannot find images uploaded into Files area and by the fact that you can’t search the products interface either. If you do want a file image, you have to go to files, open the image and then copy the link…. a 3 step process that slows production.
3. When setting a link to an existing page within Shopify, you cannot search for the page in the interface. You ALREADY have to know what the page link is and if you don’t, you have to open another page, copy the url and then paste it into the link dialog box. WordPress allows you to click the insert link and choose and existing page.
4. when you do insert an image into a page or post, you do not have the option of setting it to center, left or right, but you then have to open the same image after it is inserted to set the float and margins. This is a two step, cumbersome process that should be a single step, like in WordPress.
5. There is no way to save and recover revisions. I had an incident yesterday where the site was slow to respond in the editor and I actually erased and pasted into the html of a page an entirely wrong content and because of the slow response, I saved it but found I had saved the wrong content. I found that there is no ability to revert to a previously saved page and I had to rebuild it. WordPress has revisions. That would have saved me 15 minutes or more.
I am using Debut, but I assume it is the same for all layouts.
Peterson Design Studio
2251 Windmill Run
Wimberley, TX 78676
Hi Bendannie Admin, if your still using wordpress and their continues to be workflow annoyances you've grown accustomed to keep in mind shopify is product based first then content based so alot of afforandances wont be there , ESPECIALLY for for pages.
If the timesinks are large enough you may want to consider using shopify+wordpress as this is a very common scenario so you can get flexibility of wordpress CMS for articles|pages but the power and scale of shopify as an ecommerce system with payment gateways.
|3 hours ago|