Feature Suggestion - Archive outdated products

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 8

So Shopify said a few months ago at their annual meeting of the minds that we can expect this feature very soon, archiving of products.  I never saw a word about it again since then.  So when can we expect it Shopify?

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 6

Need this so much! Any ETA?

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
42 1 10

We're also keen to know, as we launched an app to handle archiving of products mere weeks before Shopify announced they are finally bringing out this feature.  We have since removed the app from the App Store on the basis that Shopify were going to have this feature soon but it's been a lot longer than expected.  Perhaps we should have kept the app going.  We are continuing to rework the app's functionality to enhance their built-in archiving feature, when it's finally available.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 6

The preview looked great. Thanks for the update. I like the drafts feature as well. Hope this goes live soon!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 8

Matt you and I have spoken about this on several occasions and I know you created an app. Backa then the problem was getting an app to auto archive items after a certain period instead of me having to go through 5000 products to figure out which ones. Did you ever create this feature?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
42 1 10

Hi Laurie,

Unfortunately Shopify killed the app with the announcement of their own Archive feature, as it essentially negates the need for the app.  We ceased further development of the app at that point and delisted it from the store.  We are going are planning strip away any archive processing, and leave a similar (but differently implemented) alternative products feature.  Additionally, we are going to have an "auto-suggest" feature to provide you with a list of suggested products to archive, based on some criteria. You will be able to "select all" or choose which of the suggested items should be archived but only if Shopify make archiving a feature of the APIs.  If they don't open this to the APIs, we can at least provide suggestions, with a direct link to the product's admin page, making It a little easier to find products to archive, and then archive them.

Thanks

Mat

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 7

Hey @Peter !

This is still very much a relevant and asked for feature.

Where are you at with this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
42 1 10

Hi all,

Just to let you know, we've rebranded our archive app having stripped away any "archive" related features, since this will all be covered by Shopify's archive product feature when it launches.

The app is now known as Alternative Products and helps you to easily set up alternative products on your old / discontinued / archived products - Stop wasting the traffic coming to your old product pages, and direct customers to a newer model or similar product that you do still sell.

Any feedback is very much welcome.  Hopefully the app will do well after being initially being scrapped due to Shopify announcing it is finally releasing this much needed feature.

Thank you.

Alternative Products App Store listing

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

Please add my vote! 

This is such an essential feature being able to archive older products. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

WHEN IS THIS COMING OUT?

1 Like