Feature Suggestion - Archive outdated products

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
746 41 112

Hey, @judy180andup!

Thank you for providing this feedback! I'm afraid I don' t have any news to share on this, however, I have added your feedback to our existing feature request. Hopefully, we can get this feature added in the near future! In the meantime, if you have any other feedback or requests, please don't hesitate to reply below.

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 2

Thank you for the update! This is a HUGE need for our store as well. I am eager to see this implemented so I can see what I need to be working on and not be bogged down by old product.

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 2

Thank you for the update! This is a HUGE need for our store as well. I am eager to see this implemented so I can see what I need to be working on and not be bogged down by old product.

@Peter wrote:

Hey, @judy180andup!

Thank you for providing this feedback! I'm afraid I don' t have any news to share on this, however, I have added your feedback to our existing feature request. Hopefully, we can get this feature added in the near future! In the meantime, if you have any other feedback or requests, please don't hesitate to reply below.

0 Likes
Excursionist
32 4 10

Please add me to the list! Our store definitely needs this archive feature for products so that we can unclog our stores products page.

1 Like
2 0 1

Hi please add my vote too - this is definitely something we need. is there any other way you suggest we can take products off and in a format to re-instate if they ever come back?

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
746 41 112

@Ramona 

I've added your vote!

@lg123 

Outside of backing up your products to a CSV, deleting the products you no longer need, then importing the CSV when you need the products again, there isn't an easy way to go around this. I've added your vote to the existing request. 

0 Likes
5 0 0

Please add my vote to this.  This is a feature that we had on CS Cart, many years ago.  Please make this happen.  Thanks

0 Likes

Dear All 

Would it help we created a small Shopify App that does exactly what you guys want and if so would 5-8 $ /Mo hurt? looking for feedback .... 

thanks in advance 

Ragib

Ragib Hussain
President | Primary Software Corp. | www.primarysoftware.com
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0
What's the down side of just making it unavailable on any of the sales channels?
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
746 41 112

@jack1435 

From my understanding, the downside of making it unavailable to all of your sales channels is that the items will still appear in the list of products within the admin. This can be problematic if you have a large inventory of products that you need to navigate through, throughout the seasons.  

Hope that helps!

2 Likes