Feature Suggestion - Archive outdated products

1 0 2

I really need this feature!!!!! I have over 3,000 products and my vendors don't tell me when items are discontinued so you can imagine the build up of products that need to be archived! Please! Or someone make an app for it!!!!

2 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

I agree with Laurie. We really need this as well as we have a large number of items that go in and out of stock. We really need to be able to archive and unarchive items in the system so we don't lose all the data. Importing and exporting is not a good solution as it's very complex. 

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 41 116

@Laurie_Crafton & @cherishe 

Thank you for expressing your feedback, and use cases for how adding this feature would impact your business. I've gotten your feedback added to our existing ballot, so our teams are aware!

Thanks again!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
1 0 1

Please, please, pretty please! This would be such a godsend.

I am an artist and there are limited runs for each item. Having a way to archive these items instead of deleting them and breaking the SEO would be absolutely terrific! Please count my vote, and if the Shopify Overlords hear our plebeian prayers and bring forth product archival to the begging masses, it will be a splendiferous day for all—king and labourer alike. Sorry for being dramatic but I have to emphasize how useful a feature like this would be. I'm sure a lot of people don't even know they want this feature yet. ;) 

Bless, & have a good day!

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 2
An archive feature would be an answer to many prayers! 🙏🏻
0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2
Thanks Peter! Please keep us updated!!! We are very prolific artists that have limited art prints coming in and out of stock seasonally. It’s a lot to wade through on the product management page in the off seasons. And as someone said, it hurts our seo if the items are deleted and we loose our data and a lot of time unloading and reloading products through the year. Why can’t we just ‘archive’ products the way we can archive emails on Gmail?
0 Likes
1 0 0
Any updates?
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 41 116

@GANYiAO @cherishe 

Thank you for providing a detail explanation on why this would be important to you and your business. I've added your votes the existing feature request. 

@Maddmagpie 

I don't have any updates at this time, however; if this is something we're able to add in the future, we'll update our Changelog with further information. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Add me!!!!! It would be such a time saver!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 41 116

@Cindy_Tripp 

Thank you for expressing interest. I've added your vote to the feature request. 

1 Like