How to integrate FedEx with third-party apps effectively?

creamcornwall
Shopify Partner
20 1 4

Hi,

Does anyone else use Fedex? We want to pull in the information from our orders straight into the system but apparently have to use a 3rd party app. They have suggested a few, 

Shipstation

Shippypro

Shiptheory

and a few others. Haas anyone got any experience of using these?

We use Click & Drop with Royal Mail which works a treat and also a 3rd party app for our DPD shipments.

Any advice, gratefully received!

Thanks Rebecca

Replies 7 (7)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2449 226 522

Hi @creamcornwall,

Thank you for getting in touch. Can you tell me more about what you are looking to do here? Are you wanting to export your orders from Shopify and buy FedEx shipping labels for them? If so, there are a number of shipping apps that should allow for this functionality. I'm not familiar with all of the apps you have suggested, but I know that Shipstation allows merchants in the UK to import their orders in from Shopify and buying shipping labels from a number of couriers, including FedEx.

You can also buy shipping labels from FedEx directly via Shopify if you have the carrier calculated shipping feature enabled. This feature is enabled on the Advanced plan, or can be added to other plans for a price of $20 USD per month. It's also made available to all merchants who pay for their Shopify subscription on an annual basis.

I hope this helps but please let me know if you have more questions!

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

creamcornwall
Shopify Partner
20 1 4

Hi 

thanks for replying.

We want to use our rates from DPD, Fedex and Royalmail as well as maybe parcels2go. It would be great to have access to other rates as well. If there is such an app that would be great. I am looking at Zenstores, but it doesn't look like they have access to Fedex!

Best

Rebecca

Victor
Shopify Staff
2449 226 522

Hi @creamcornwall,

I am not sure if a single app would allow you to fulfill orders using all of those suppliers, so it may be best to use multiple apples if you intend to use numerous suppliers. DPD Integration is an app that allows you to buy labels, print packing slips, and buy return labels for DPD, and Zenstores offers integrations with numerous suppliers. There is also an app you can use for FedEx labels, called FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi,

I would suggest you look at our FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking app. The app allows you to integrate your own FedEx account, display FedEx rates at checkout, print FedEx labels in a single click, and also automatically fulfill the Shopify orders when the labels are generated.  

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping

KatieO
5 0 0

Hi Rebecca, 

We are looking to integrate with DPD (much the same as we integrated with RM) but struggling to find the best solution. Would you mind sharing which 3rd party integration you use for your DPD orders?

Warm Regards,

Nathan

creamcornwall
Shopify Partner
20 1 4

Hi Nathan,

We use DPD Integration by WS Assist. it's free for up to 30 shipments, then you have to pay, but the time it saves it worth it. Why all these companies in the UK can't sort out integration is beyond me, one day!

Best

Rebecca

KatieO
5 0 0
Thanks so much Rebecca. I've just downloaded it and it seems simple but
very effective! I absolutely agree. When Royal Mail can sort out and
integration, it's a mystery as to why the likes of DPD etc can't!
Thanks again.