Feedback On My Store

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello! I am a new owner and I am having issues converting my sales. I would really want to know where I am going wrong and would really like to get some feedback on my store. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
569 59 109

Hi @VICI_Me,

Hyde here from Shopify.

I'd be happy to provide feedback on your store. Please provide a link to it so I can have a look!

Best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
vici-collection.online
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
569 59 109

Thanks for that! I"ve had a look at your store and while I'd like to congratulate on getting it up and running, there are a few points that I'd recommend you fix to help improve your sales:

1) Be different. 

Right now, your stated aim is "to bring you the highest-quality cosmetic, jewelry, neat health promotion products that you never knew existed."

There are thousands of stores and Instagram influencers and Youtube channels in the health and jewelry sector. It's a very saturated market, so you're going to need to try to differentiate yourself. 

You need to now develop that element that really distinguishes you from your competitors. One way of doing so is to borrow from Marty Neumeier's "Zag", where he suggests you try to complete this sentence:

Our brand is the only ______________________ that ____________________.

If you cannot identify what it is that only your brand can do those others can't, it will make carving out space in the marketplace that bit harder. For example:

HARLEY DAVIDSON:

What: The ONLY motorcycle manufacturer
How: that makes big loud motorcycles
Who: for macho guys (and macho wannabees)
When: mostly in the United States
Where: in an era of decreasing personal freedom

2) Start with a more specific audience.

You are appealing to people who like fashion, beauty, and living healthy:

That is pretty much everyone. You've picked the broadest, largest, audience to sell to. This will make it harder to sell, not easier. You should try whittling that down. Find and cater to your tribe:

There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here. You absolutely need to know who your customer is, and what they want. 

3) Make sure your site looks the best it can

Once you've done all this, make sure that your store is at its optimum best! Right now you have pixellated, poor quality images on your store that are off-putting and do no encourage trust. If a visitor cannot trust the quality of your site, they're even less likely to trust the quality of your product:

Similarly, consider the fact that you are not simply selling products to your customers, you are also selling the idea behind your store. Your story, your purpose, your mission. So you'll need to curate your website accordingly. 

4) Create an About Us page to tell visitors what you're all about. 

This is an essential page on any e-commerce store. It helps customers understand who you are, what you care about, and why they should trust you.  Using your mission statement you can combine this with your visual identity to craft a page that appeals to your target customer. Check out some great examples of About pages here:

With your about page ready, you could start looking at creating content e.g. blog posts for your audience. Writing blog content around your business, your niche, and also your products such as 

• - guides to using your products
  • - products that work well together
  • - your journey in starting this business
  • - commentary on a major topic within your niche
  • - interview with an influencer within your niche 
*Creating good content gives your customers a reason to keep coming back to your site for more*. 
There’s a great guide to building a blog for your business here.  Here are some businesses leveraging blogs successfully to promote their brand. 
Here is How to use your Shopify blog

I hope this all helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. 

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes