Feedback on my store

Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
91 18 19

Hi @Lovelydarkskin.

Thank you for your post and for sharing your store link, It would be my pleasure to offer you some feedback on your store.

My first thought when viewing your storefront is, it's a little busy. While your products look great, I would consider simplifying the homepage or consolidating the options you offer for a more streamlined feel for your customers. I recommend checking out this great guide on Homepage Design which offers some great tips and ideas to consider when trying to build an engaging homepage for your shop.

Some things to consider when building an effective homepage are:

• How easy was it for your customers to get to your homepage
  • What do you want the visitor to do? (e.g. make a purchase, join your email list, etc.)
  • How simple are you making it for them to do this?
  • How many steps are there to complete your goal? (This point comes into my mind when viewing your shop's homepage specifically)
  • How much information do they need to proceed to the next step?
  • Are there any steps you can eliminate?

Your menu area is a little bare in comparison to your homepage content, have you thought about offering more menu items than just "Home" and "Catalog." One option you could look into is creating a drop-down menu, which could break down your catalogue option into further collection options, this would give your customers quick access to specific products they may want to purchase. For example on your homepage area, you have collection links to both a "Style" page and a "Kids" page, these could all be drop-down menu options at the top of your store to create more organized navigation.

We have a fantastic guide for setting up drop-down menus here that you can check out if you are curious. 

I also really loved learning more about you and your brand in your "About Us" section in the footer of your store, About pages, are a great way to tell the story of your business to your customers and help them connect with your brand. Writing an "About Us" section can be tough, however, and I would suggest you expand your information further to give your customers more information on you and your brand to help build customer trust. We have a really fantastic guide called "Writing an About Us page" that I recommend checking out, It digs deeper into things you should consider when writing an about page.

I would also consider adding your "About Us" page to your main menu area to give your customers the quickest access to this information as many customers may not read your footer information when perusing the shop:

Feel free to check out our Menu editing guide for a walkthrough on how you can do this if you are interested in trying it out. 

I hope some of these ideas help you out moving forward, overall I really enjoyed checking out the shop, please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have, we are always happy to chat!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes