File Uploads

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi I have created the option to upload photos on my product page by following https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/products/features/get-customization-information-for...

and it appeared to be working fine as photos were appearing on my orders, however I've recently had two orders where the images are not accessible, giving fakepath in their attachment name? Could anyone advise please?

Both customers confirmed they had uploaded a photo, but still its not available for me to see. Is there something that needs altering in my coding? I don't believe I've actioned this as I'm not sure where to put it, could this be the issue? : -

If the form in your product-template.liquid contains a file upload field, the form tag in your customizable product template must have the attribute enctype="multipart/form-data". 

Really appreciate any advice. Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
3673 550 886

Hi @kp7 

I think you have enabled dynamic buy now button on your store.

If user purchase product by click on "Buy now" button then shopify cant get upload event on this button because its generate by shopify side so we can not upload image when user click on "Buy now".

So if you must want to get upload image then disable dynamic buy now button and just keep "add to cart". if you want to keep buy now button then make it your own so you can upload image. 

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi thanks for your reply. I haven't enabled the buy now button on my store. I have the add to cart button?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
3673 550 886

Send me your store url i will check

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi thanks so much, its www.karenperryillustrations.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
3673 550 886

I have checked its same as i told you, if use upload image and go by "Add to cart" button then they can see image but if user upload image and click on "Buy with paypal" or "More payment option" then image cant upload so you get fake path.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you for checking, really appreciated. So is the only solution to take off those other buy options? Is there nothing else that can be done? Thanks again

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
3673 550 886

As i know we can not upload image using those button so i think you have to remove it. but if you want to make user to direct checkout then you can create custom buy now button and add upload code on click of custom button and redirect user to direct /checkout so no cart interact between, but you cant use paypay on product page.

i have suggested as i know before doing this you can as shopify support too.

Let me know if you need any help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello, was this ever resolved?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
3673 550 886

Whats your issue ?

0 Likes