Can you filter customers based on coupon usage?

Scruffy
Tourist
10 0 15

Hi Shopify Peeps,

Is it possible to filter customers by coupon used?

Thanks for any thoughts/insights!

Found a partial solution

See Reports "Sales by Discount"

At least you can filter by how many times a particular code was used. I would like to apply this to the customer table if possible.

Replies 8 (8)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hi, @Scruffy

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thanks for your question.

You can filter your customer list in the Customer tab of your Shopify admin by the attributes found when you click here:

20-03-7jb9h-yrg73

However, at this time, ‘Discount Used’ is not one of the options. Therefore, I am happy to pass along this feedback to our developers on your behalf, and let them know that a ‘Discount Used' filter would be useful.

In the meantime, you can use your Sales by discount report to see exactly which customers used which discounts. Let me show you how!

Once you’ve generated the report from ‘Analytics > Reports > Sales by discount’ and set your date range, you can add a column for ‘Customers’, then filter the ‘Name’ column so that you can more clearly see which customers used which discounts. If needed, you can then print or export that report to use the data as needed. It looks like this:

20-03-xvdu6-bjiai

Hope this helps!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

kwedegartner
Visitor
2 0 3

It would be VERY helpful to have Discount Code Used be a filter option at the customer level. That way bulk tagging could be achieved. The solution of adding the customer column to the Sales by Discount report doesn't allow you to select those customers and tag them because your in a report. As it stands now, I'll have to manually go through that list and tag over 200 customers that participated in a recent promotion. We want to segment those customers and speak to them in a specific way, which ones we tag them we can do.

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hey, @kwedegartner

Thanks for adding to this thread and elaborating further how it would be a beneficial feature to have. I hear you!  Therefore, I took a look in the Shopify App Store and found a couple of third party apps that can be used to filter customers by discount code used, and then automatically apply a tag to those customer profiles. Check these out:

If you need a hand with the set up or have questions about the functionality of these apps, please reach out to the app developer directly. They’ll be your best resource to get the assistance you need. 

Hope this helps!

ambervale
5 0 0

Hi Helen,

I don't see this option under Reports. Is it only available with a certain subscription level or is it on all Shopify stores?

whiteandgreenho
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi guys. 

We need this function too!

kwedegartner
Visitor
2 0 3

We ended up using Smart Tags app. It works pretty well, but it is not free!

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Thanks for sharing which app you ended up using, @kwedegartner.  All feedback is welcomed, so feel free to write a review on the app’s about page too. 

I  appreciate you contributing to this thread, @whiteandgreenho, and letting us know that a ‘Discount used per customer’ filter would also be beneficial to your business. Therefore, I have submitted a feature request to our developers on your behalf as well. All recent updates to the platform can be tracked in the Shopify Changelog, so it’s a great place to check regularly for if/when this filter is available. 

Thanks!

whiteandgreenho
Visitor
2 0 1

Thank you! It would be great if @Helen Shopify could have this integrated as it seems quite a basic necessity. 

Thank you!