Filter Search Results Based on Tag/Type/Collection Sort by Price

Pradeep_Alagamb
Shopify Partner
9 0 6

Hi,

This is by far the basic requirement for any ecommerce platform. All other CMS provides this. Shopify forgot to build.

You can Filter COLLECTION PAGE Based on Tag/Type/Collection Sort by Price but you cannot Filter Search Results Based on Tag/Type/Collection Sort by Price.

How do we achieve this? Please do not provide links to apps. Which costs hefty amount for larger inventory.

Basically the apps index our products and provide search results. Since Shopify have all our products indexed why cant they provide a better search results.

Shopify search results are the lamest. Its the most important feature for any ecommerce platform, for the customer to choose a brand or sort by price. Shopify just displays results in a page, users cant even sort.

We have a 600,000 products and a 4 letter keyword search will usually result in 10000-50000 results. Our store is based on electronic products and a search for "wire" will give 46,871 results. How do you think a customer will get the product he is looking for? HE NEEDS TO FILTER THE RESULTS.

Please let us know how to achive this? All apps support max about 50,000 products and charge extremely high for 600,000 products.

THIS IS A MUST HAVE FEATURE FOR SHOPIFY. ITS HIGH TIME YOU BUILD IT

Note: Our products have Tags, Vendor Information, Type etc.

Seán_W
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
94 0 11

Hi Pradeep,

Seán here from Shopify :)

I've looked into this for you and found an app available called Findify Search, Recommendations & Collections. This app improves upon the internal store search feature by offering product recommendations and search filtering. It's also fully supported by the developers, whom you can get in touch with by clicking on 'Get support' from the app page in the store.

In the meantime, I'll pass on filtered searches to our developers here as a feature request for you. While I can't make any guarantees on when or if they'll implement it, they'll definitely look into it :)

Hope this helps! Feel free to get in touch with the Guru team if you have any questions.

All the best,

Seán
Shopify Support Guru

0 Likes
Martin_Schwartz
Excursionist
41 0 8

Any plan on adding this to Shopify in the near future?

I don't think this is something that needs a "feature request" it is a basic core functionality that any ecommerce platform should have and it's a shame that Shopify does not have this basic feature

Martin Schwartz - Coding your dream to life - iconstudiosny.com
IoEuropa
Tourist
5 0 1

So they guy asks, please don't supply a link to apps, and what do you do? supply a link to an app. C'mon man.

This is still a problem for shopify. Why?

0 Likes
IoEuropa
Tourist
5 0 1

And another thing, Findify has changed their pricing. There is no longer a free version, and it now starts at $499/Month. Yikes.

0 Likes
fabienne
4 0 0

Hi! I'm also still looking for the same solution. I wish to not use an app since I already have a working filter functionality within the theme I'm using (Empire from Pixel Union). 

0 Likes
gabri
Shopify Partner
3 0 19

Hi Seán, 

Do you have any update on this 2 years later? I'm sure a lot of stores are under-performing because of that. Is there a plan to include this BASIC feature to shopify?

NotableTweets
1 0 1

Any updates to this yet?

wsintra
Tourist
7 0 4

Bump ****

MSJC
1 0 0

Did you find a solution to this without the use of apps? I have the same theme and wanted to try to replicate the code for the filter function they have when you search through collections...but couldn't.

Can anyone help?

0 Likes