Filter customers that are NOT tagged with x

Adre
Shopify Partner
2 0 4

Hello!
I have english and french speaking customers.
I am segmenting the subscribers to target my email marketing campaign.
All my english speaking customers are tagged with 'en' so they are quite easy to segment.
How could we filter the french speaking customers(that have no particular tags attached) in another segment?
Is there a logic we can use in the search bar that will exclude all customers that have a specific tag attached to them?
(in this case 'en')

Thank you!

Replies 5 (5)

silverswallowco
Tourist
8 0 3

I have this EXACT same question. I would like to filter out subscribers by language. Any update from the Shopify Team or solution?

arohatami
Visitor
1 0 0

Yes this seems like such a basic function and I'm boggled as to why it's not a feature yet 😭 I want to remove a certain tagged group of customers from the mailing list (so filter 'NOT tagged with' instead of 'tagged with'), but apparently there is no way to do this through Shopify?? So frustrating. 

silverswallowco
Tourist
8 0 3

The only work around I’ve come up with is to create a negative tag. I.e. tag “English” and tag “French” then check that the two add up to the total. Downloading the csv of customers then adding this tags in Google sheets then importing and replacing existing customers is easier than opening each customer webpage. Don’t use excel though because it doesn’t work well with accents.

CloudlabSam
Shopify Partner
526 42 85

Our Report Toaster app can filter by tags both included or not included on customers, products and orders. Please feel free to take a look and let us know if you have any questions.

BetterReports-C
Shopify Partner
77 0 6

Hi @Adre 

Claudia here from Better Reports.

Have you been able to find a solution for this with Shopify? If not, I would recommend our app Better Reports for this.

Since your English customers are tagged with 'en', you would simply have to filter a report for customers who are not tagged with 'en' to report on the French customers.

In addition to this, Better Reports has more than 60 built-in reports available out of the box that cover many common use-cases for merchants. You can schedule reports to run at set frequencies to your email or Google Drive or export the reports in CSV, Excel or PDF format.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

What do you think?