Filtering Search Results? Is this really not possible?

Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 13

I am trying to add filter options to the side of my website's search results and being told that "due to Shopify search limitations" this is not possible? How could a website design platform geared specifically towards shopping not enable you to filter search results? Surely I have to be missing something. Every retail store I can think of every has search results filtering. Sort by price, quantity, location, whatever. 

Can someone point me in the right direction on this? I don't need a search bar app because I have the current one coded the way I need/want. I just need to be able to filter the results once somebody searches.

HELPPPP.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
10006 116 1818

Hey greengoblin37,

It is possible to build in some basic filtering into search results with theme edits, but for ease of use apps can be really helpful. Do a search on the app store for search apps, but Findify is one that comes to mind. 

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
25 0 2

Hi There,

Josh here from Shopify.  I would suggest taking a look at this document on filtering your collections using product tags, click here for more information. 

There is also the app "Smart Search & Instant Search" which is an intuitive search option that you can plugin to your store.  

Best, 

Josh S. 

Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 13

Hey Josh, to clarify, I don't need to filter my Collections pages. That is already implemented and working. I need to filter my Search Results page, the same way I am filtering Collection pages. I don't understand what difficulty of this is? On a collection page, I see a bunch of products and can filter them based on Tag/Type, etc. On the Search Results page I see a bunch of products but somehow cannot filter? Why?

Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 1

It's actually quite easy to implement this with a little javascript using search query parameters.

Check out this article:
https://help.shopify.com/manual/sell-online/online-store/storefront-search

me@georgebutter.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Geoge, I don't see any reference to search query parameters relating to sort within the article. I'm also trying to sort my search results and any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
52 0 7

Did anyone ever get this resolved?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
132 1 18

Hi There,

I've got a client who uses https://apps.shopify.com/algolia-search for search filtering and it works quite well, the one downside being that you need an algolia account.

Cheers,

Elliott

Feeling a bit lost? Contact elliot@mandelbrotian.com for help with theme setup, alterations, custom functionality, and app development.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi There

Has there been a solutions to this issue? I've got the same problem

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Any solutions found for this?

Sitting in the same boat as all of you likely, far too many results, over to broad a scope. 
Filtering is crucial.

0 Likes