First sale what’s capture payment ?

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi everyone so I’m so excited I got my first sale but it says capture payment what does this mean I’m still trying to figure this all out lol thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
404 51 66

Hello, @AlexJ2020

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Congratulations on your first sale! That’s very exciting!

If you are seeing a prompt to ‘capture payment’ on your order, this means that your Payment capture settings in ‘Settings > Payments’ are set up to be manual as seen below:

20-06-zy9nm-rwdsv

When manually capturing payments, your customer’s payment method gets pre-authorized in the checkout. However, payment must be captured before the authorization period ends in order to actually collect the funds for the order. You can read more about this in the Payment Capturing Help Doc. 

How have you been marketing your store or product so far? Whatever you’re doing seems to be working, but I recommend reading through these Help Doc’s on Shopify Marketing and Setting up marketing in Shopify which can help with some additional ideas and strategies to increase your sales and traffic even further. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions. I’m here and happy to help.

Good luck to you! 

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes