First sale

Bunnifscia
3 0 0

Can I use my credit card and make the first purchase on my store?

0 Likes

Yep

The small changes we make today, make greater changes for our future.
0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3734 323 732

Hi @Bunnifscia,

Nick here from Shopify. First of all, congrats on joining Shopify and welcome!

You can use a credit card to make the first purchase, that should be no problem once your payment gateway is set up and working correctly. Have you set that all up yet? If not, let me know what country you're in and I can help point you in the right direction to get this sorted out. 

Thanks, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Bunnifscia
3 0 0

Thank you Nick I appreciate you.

My first attempt was declined which is why I reached out to you. 

Anyway I have tried again and it seems ok. Not fulfilled yet.

To answer your question. I live here in the US and am selling in the us.

0 Likes
Bunnifscia
3 0 0

Nick it's me again, can you or someone look over my store to make sure all is well?  I received a note saying one or some of my products in violation. I need guidance. Also guidance before 

launching to the general public. Thank YOU . 

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3734 323 732

Hi @Bunnifscia,

Just to confirm, that the sale went through ok for you since, so all is good there? 

I asked where you are based to show you the payment gateway options available to you, for where you're located. You can see the full list here, but also being in the USA makes you eligible for Shopify Payments too!

You also mentioned about the order not being fulfilled yet. You can see more about fulfilment with your store here.  

I can take a look at the public side of your store to make sure all is well on that side if you'd like. If you want to have someone take a look at the admin and settings side, you would need to contact our support team directly as we are unable to look at account specifics in the community currently for privacy and security reasons. You would need to contact our support team here  directly about this if you wanted to have someone take a closer look or to discuss it in real time! 

Regarding one of your products being in violation, if you are using the Shopify Payments gateways, then it could be one of these products listed in Shopify's Acceptable Use Policy here. If you are not using Shopify Payments, then you would need to check the acceptable use policy of the gateway you are using as it could be slightly different. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes