For customers to be able to buy from my store - do I have to put PayPal or a bank account?

Highlighted
Tourist
48 0 1
I did not put these details and someone wanted to order from me that did not give him a black-screen look and then the product page
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
470 38 82

Hey there,

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Absolutely. You will need to set up a payment gateway in order to receive payments from your customers. By default, the system will try to send any funds that were paid through PayPal to a PayPal account with the same email address that you used when signing up to Shopify. If an order has been processed through PayPal the funds will be sent to a PayPal account with the same email. Did an order go through? 

Take a look at this guide on setting up third-party payment gateways to receive payments from your customer. I would also recommend taking a look at this guide on setting up PayPal specifically. 

As you are getting started I'd recommend taking a look at our Shopify webinars for sure. These short tutorials take you through all the basics of creating a store such as adding products, variants, collections, theme changes and pointing a domain to your store. You should be able to sign up here.  if you would like. We also have a free business course with our Shopify Academy that I would really encourage you to look at if you get a chance.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes