Forgot email login

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
326 35 55

Hi, @refinetune !

I wouldn't be able to confirm what the email address on a store is with just a myshopify.com URL. We use the email address as a form of authentication. If you use a couple of possible addresses, I'd recommend using Shopify's Recovery Tool to determine which address you've used for the account.

If you think there may have been a typographical error or you're completely unsure, let me know and we can take a closer look into this with our Accounts team.

Warm regards!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0
I've definitely used an address that I can not remember. My shop name is
propertysmiths.com. I paused the shop a few months ago and I think that I
used an email that was registered to a domain name that I no longer use.

I transferred several of my domains to my wix site and I need to transfer
the remaining ones and close the shopify account.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
326 35 55

@refinetune 

Since it seems like there may be a bit of mixup between the accounts and the email addresses being used. I've sent you an email so we can attempt to get you authenticated and take a closer look into this together.

All the best!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello,

I have recently set up a store however I am now unable to log into it as I have not set up my email address as of yet at the time of registration. (However it still allowed me to use it)

I have tried using the recovery tool but it does not work. Please can you support? My email address is info@fitto.co.uk

0 Likes
2 0 0

@Oliver Hi Oliver,

Could you please also help me out? I have a store: bleue-collection.myshopify.com. However, I recently lost my domain so that I can't get access to my shopify account. Could you please close the shop for me or give me new access so I can do it myself. My new email is shirley@caselfonline.com.

Thanks heaps in advance. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Shirley

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
326 35 55

Hi, @anaxsmith !

If you still recall the password you've used and you know the email address on file is info@fitto.co.uk, then you can simply sign in that way. The system doesn't recognize whether the email address is active or not, as long as it follows a valid format. Where we will run into issues is if you don't know the password, since you'll have no way of sending the reset email to yourself.

If the shop was still in the trial period we wouldn't be able to manually change the email address on file either since we wouldn't have any way of authenticating you as the owner of the shop. Do you know if the shop was in the trial period?

Warm regards!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Oliver,

My account hasn’t been active for 3 months. So I need to receive a code to be able to login. However, I can’t access my email anymore. Is there any way to log me in or close my shop? My contact now is shirley@caselfonline.com

The store I mentioned above is bleue-collection.myshopify.com

Much appreciated your help in advance. Hope to hearing from you soon.

shirley 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
326 35 55

Hi, @Shirleyyy !

Thanks for confirming all of this for me. I've sent you an email so we can get you authenticated or confirm some details and look into next steps on this together. 

Talk to you soon! 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello, 

I am having the same issue for my store www.samanthastokesresort.com. I am being charged the monthly fee but I can not log in on any of my email accounts. Could you please contact me and I can prove my identity? email: samanthastokesbridal@gmail.com 

Thank you so much 

0 Likes